Chapter 15: Devastated

The next morning, I woke up feeling kind of sick. I stood up and had a horrible dizzy spell and sat back down and sat there until the feeling passed. I stood back up and started getting dressed. As I was getting dressed, I heard voices outside the door. Once I finished getting dressed and ready, I opened the door and saw some pirates that I assume are from Singapore. I then spotted Beckett and Mr. Mercer talking to a man that looks to be the captain. The man had a few scars on his face and had a long mustache and beard and had long nails that he scratched his head with every so often and also had a dark expression on his face. They stopped talking when they noticed me.

"Ah Maria, come here, darling," Beckett says motioning me over. I do as he says and stand beside him.

"What's going on?" I ask. He ignores my question and looks to the man.

"Sao Feng, I would like you to meet my wife, Maria. Maria, this is Sao Feng," Beckett says. Sao Feng looks at me up and down with a strange expression on his face. I raise my eyebrows at him.

"I got to say, you're more than what I pictured you to be. For a lady of the sea, your looks are quite dominant," Sao Feng says. Beckett raises his eyebrows at him.

"You know who I am and what I am?" I ask.

"Of course I do. And the next time I see your father, I'll let him know you're doing well," Sao Feng says. I look at him confused.

"Excuse me? You're talking as if he were alive," I say with a confused expression.

"Of course he's alive," he says.

"That's impossible. He died a little over a year ago. He died in my arms," I say.

"I assure you that he's very much alive," he says.

"Oh god!" I exclaim and start hyperventilating.

"Maria, calm yourself," Beckett says. I start calming down when Beckett turns to Sao Feng. "We'll meet you tomorrow morning."

"Yes. And I'll hand you over Jack Sparrow," Sao Feng says. Beckett groans at the same time I gasp.

"What did you say?" I ask. Sao Feng chuckles darkly.

"Your father, your sister, Mr. Turner, and the rest of them are rescuing Sparrow from Davy Jones' locker along with the Black Pearl," Sao Feng explains.

Hope starts to fill my body as I start hyperventilating again. I then feel the extents of my stomach start coming up. I cover my mouth and run to the side of the ship and vomited into the water below. Beckett came to my side and rubbed my back.

"Go back to my quarters and lay down. I'll bring you something," Beckett says softly.

I did as he said and laid myself down on the bed. Beckett came in five minutes later with a cup that I know is full of tea.

"Here. Drink this. It should help," Beckett says giving me the cup.

"Thanks," I say and drown the cup. He nods in return. I give the cup back to him.

"I'll be right back," he says.

Beckett walks into the washroom, and I heard noises and wonder what he's doing in there. He came back into the room about fifteen minutes later and motions me over to him. I do as he says and follow him into the washroom. I see a tub full of steaming water in the middle. He goes to the counter and pours a glass of some liquid and comes back over to me.

"Here. Drink this," Beckett says handing me the drink.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Don't question me. Just drink it!" He demands. I do as he says and drown the weird tasting drink.