Test Taken, Friends and Promises Made

Alright everyone, chapter 3 coming right at ya. Let me know how I'm doing so far. Now, on to the story.

Sheldon was walking to school mentally preparing himself for the test. This was it. He finally had the chance to go on an actual journey. Sheldon was always made fun of for not being able to defend himself because of him not having a Cornia, but no more.

"This is it." Sheldon thought to himself, "this is where I prove that I can accomplish something!"

"HEY!" Sheldon was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard yelling coming from behind him. He turns around and notices a tan boy with yellow eyes and purple hair running towards him.

"Um, yeah?" Sheldon replied nervously once the boy was in earshot. After the boy caught his breath, he looked up at Sheldon with a goofy smile on his face.

"You're Sheldon, right?!" The boy asked with stars in his eyes.

"Uh, yes."

"Man I gotta say, you're the first person ever to stand up to Bede like that!"

"Um, thank you?" Sheldon was very confused, he doesn't even know this boy and he's talking to him as if they've known each other for years!

"Who are you?" Sheldon asked the boy.

"Oh! My bad. The name's Hop. Nice to meet you!" Hop stretched out his hand for Sheldon to shake. Sheldon grabbed his hand and shook it. After shaking hands, Hop and Sheldon started walking to the school in order to make it on time for the test.

"So you're taking the journey test too?" Hop asked Sheldon in a curious tone.

"Yeah, it's always been my dream to go on a journey and challenge the gym leaders. Maybe I'll even have the chance to fight the champion and the Pokemon master Ash Ketchum!"

"Wow, you wanna fight my big bro? Guess we're on the same goal!"

"Yeah- wait, LEON'S YOUR BROTHER?!" Sheldon looked at Hop with his eyes widened the furthest they could go. Hop just looked at Sheldon trying not to laugh at his reaction.

"Hehehe, yep." Sheldon could only look on with astonishment. Once he was able to speak again, he asked all sorts of questions on their way to school to which Hop answered respectfully.

"Man, it's hard to believe you're not popular at school."

"That's just because I try not to gloat, unlike that Bede." Hop said that last part under his breath but Sheldon still heard him.

"I know right? it's as if he has to let everyone know at all time that he's the strongest in the school." Hop thought for a minute and decided to ask the question he'd been meaning to ask Sheldon.

"So, Sheldon."

"Yeah?"

"You would consider us friends now, right?"

"Yeah! you're the first person besides my parents and that Eevee I met that treated me like a real person, so I would consider us friends!" Hop was really happy about this and so he finally decided to ask him.

"So let's make a promise alright?"

"Alright!"

"Let's promise to pass the journey test and go on a journey together!" Sheldon was amazed, someone actually wanted to go on a journey with him? This put a blinding smile on Sheldon's face as he opened his mouth.

"Yeah! lets do it!" With a promise made they continued to make their way to the school in order to take the test.

*Meanwhile with Crystal*