Route 4

Hey guys, Gold Ninja here. So yeah, working on this chapter. This should be fun.

The trio of trainers were on route 4. Two of them were on the ground trying to catch their breath from the terror that was the Galar Mines. Sheldon and Hop, along with all their Pokemon, were on the ground calming down from everything that happened in there. Meanwhile, Meta was just sitting, looking at them with pity.

"How are you not tired like the rest of us?!" Hop asked, bewildered by the fact that Meta was not at all fazed at all that went down. Meta just stared at him as he answered.

"That wasn't my first time in a cave, and I doubt it will be my last." Sheldon and Hop were just lying there, recalling all that happened.

*Flashback*

As soon as the trio entered the mines, chaos ensued. They ran into Bede the second they went in and he challenged Meta to a battle, which resulted in all of Bede's Pokemon getting taken down by his Greninja. One Cornia battle later, they were all separated by an explosion that blew them every way. When they realized they were separated, they contacted each other to meet at the exit of the mines and to train in the meantime. Training was a challenge for Hop, whose team consisted of an Eevee and a Scorbunny.

Most of the Pokemon there were either a Rolycoly or a Diglett with the occasional Timburr. Sheldon was having the same problem. Meta was the one person not struggling with anything with his team. Blitz wandered off so Hop had to find him, which he did, only to find he had evolved into a Jolteon from a stray Thunder Stone. Meanwhile, while training, Scott evolved into Raboot. That basically put them at a disadvantage against nearly everything in those mines. The only things the two could really fight without too much trouble were the woobats. The only problem there in Hop's opinion was that he nearly fell off the bridge several times.

Sheldon had his own problems with literally everyone in his team having some sort of weakness while training. While training his Pokemon he tried messing around with the fire element of his Cornia, only to nearly roast Crystal in the process.

*Flashback End*

"God, I hope I never have to go in the mines ever again." Hop said as he sat up. Sheldon agreed with him as he got up to stretch.

"Yeah, though that probably wouldn't have happened if Bede hadn't challenged Meta." Meta shook his head.

"Nah, this was probably my bad. I wasn't expecting the explosion to do so much, I'm honestly pretty sure Bede is still unconscious in there." They all looked back at the mines, feeling slightly bad for Bede. He was expecting Meta to be a weak trainer when he's been doing this for god knows how long.

Hop looked at his two newly evolved Pokemon and realized that it was about time to get a new member. With that, he got up and informed the other two what he was up to. They nodded as Sheldon went to the girl near the exit to get his Pokemon healed while Meta explored the route.

"Haaaa, alright, lets see what this place has to offer." He takes a step into the grass and notices rustling. He slowly creeps towards the grass when suddenly a Pikachu pops out, well, what seems like a Pikachu.

"WHAT THE HECK?!"

*Meanwhile with Sheldon and Meta*

Sheldon decided to let his Pokemon out for a break while he practiced with his Cornia. Fang went into the grass to do who knows what, while Crystal was at least trying to get on good terms with Tony. She has at least gotten him to say hi to her so that's a good start.

While his Pokemon were doing their thing, Sheldon traveled further down in order to train with his Cornia.

"Cornia of Arceus, Hylia!"

Light consumed him and revealed Sheldon with his sword out, white streaks coming off his body. He dug the sword into the ground as he held his hand out into the sky.

FIRE

A white hot flame shot out of his hand, but slowly got out of control, flickering and firing in random directions.

"WAH!" Sheldon yelled as he cancelled out the attack. He sighed in relief and decided it would be safer to practice near the water. As he was walking near the river, he was stopped by Meta who had a concerned look on his face.

"Hey Sheldon. Are you doing ok? That fire shot was pretty wrapped." Sheldon laughed nervously as he tried to explain his predicament.

"Well, you know the first Gym is grass. I just wanted to be prepared for that, but I never really used fire before." Meta nodded before putting a hand on Sheldon's shoulder.

"If you want, I can at least teach you how to control fire so you don't end up burning down the stadium." Sheldon smiled before accepting the offer as the two moved on over to the river.

*Back to Hop*

Hop just got done battling a Kid in a Pikachu costume and was now laying on the ground. He didn't know what to expect, but he had to say, for a kid with an electric-type Cornia, he sure was tough. As he was getting over the fact that he was abused by a little kid, he didn't notice the head of a Pokemon sticking out of the grass.

"Geez, well time to get back to-!" Hop's cry of pain could be heard all the way to route 3 as he feels something bite down on his head. Sheldon and Meta turn and run to where they saw a small blue turtle gnawing on Hop. Hop was rolling around in agony as he accidentally rolled over an empty pokeball, thus catching the Pokemon.

"Well, not how I would have done it, but a catch is a catch I guess." Meta says, trying not to laugh at Hops predicament. After Hop was done soothing the pain in his head, he grabbed the Pokeball and opened it to reveal the small turtle once again. Sheldon pulled out his Pokedex and pointed it at the Pokemon.

"Chewtle, the Snapping Pokemon. Apparently the itch of its teething impels it to snap its jaws at anything in front of it."

Right after it says that, Chewtle snaps at Sheldon in an attempt to bite his hand. Sheldon moves away and Hop immediately returns the Pokemon. He looks at the Pokeball as he smiles.

"While I may have nearly gotten my head bitten off, this is gonna be a story to tell the kids at school huh Sheldon?" Sheldon sighs in amazement at how Hop can still smile as his head is most likely pounding from a headache. Soon enough however, everyone started laughing realizing this will be a funny moment to bring up. as Sheldon helps Hop up, they  made their way to Turfield.

"HEY NOW, WATCH OUT YA'LL!" 

Dear God where the heck have been? I know this chapter is shorter than my usual chapters, but I'm working on another chapter right now, I should have it done by Friday. I'm Gold Ninja, and i'll see you guys in the next chapter!