Prologue

It was a hot, and scolding out in the Pridelands, animals trying to find any shade, water, anything that would get them past this horrible torturous heat. One snake was hiding in a cluster of bushes and debris in the shade resting. This snake was a hybrid between a Black Mamba and a Diamond Back Rattlesnake. His name was Fang, he had black splotches here and there on his back and had some diamonds on his back but not a lot. He has the head of a Black Mamba and the color patterns of a Diamond back Rattlesnake.

Fang was resting when he was remembering the events that happened months ago with his brother Ushari. "I wish you were still here brother" Fang said with a fear strolling down his cheek.

Flashback

"What did Scar say about defeating the Guard?" Fang said as Ushari entered their den that was next to the Pridelands border and the Outlands border. "He said that when the Guard tries to attack that I will attack and kill Kion" Ushari said with a hiss. "So when you kill him the Guard will lose hope and the Pridelands will bow down to Scar and nothing will stop us" Fang said with excitement. "Precisely" Ushari said and smiled down at his little brother.

~•~

Ushari and Fang were waiting for the Guard and when they finally came Ushari were waiting for the signal and strike Kion dead. "Ushari now!" Scar said and Ushari went to attack but missed and missed the ledge and fell into the lava. "NOOOOO!" Fang and Scar said at once, "you lost Scar give up" Kion said glaring down Scar with Ferocity. "You won't win Kion! There will be a time when you will lose and everything will end!" Scar said as the lions of the past rained water into the Volcano.

"Nice job Guard. The Pridelands are finally safe and nothing can happen now that everything is normal" Kion said to his group of friends who are also his teammates. "You also did great Kion" Fuli said looking at him sweetly, "thanks" Fuli blushed and they all left having a conversation until out of the room. "It was strangely quiet now, the sizzle and crackling sound of the lava filling the room. "Brother?" Fang said and walked over the edge where he saw his brother fall off, he saw nothing but lava. "Brother I will find a way to avenge you and Scar by defeating Kion and the Guard" Fang said with anger and vengeance.

     Flashback ends....

Fang was sleeping soundly replaying the event over and over again and trying to make a plan to try to defeat the Guard and Kion. He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the familiar voice of a honey badger. "Hey guys wanna go to the watering hole after patrol? It's soooo hot out I practically feel like I'm sweating a river over here" Bunga whined as he fanned himself on top of the recognizable hippo named Beshte who was also panting  and sweating.

     "Don't worry Bunga we will find something to do after patrol to cool down" the leader Kion said looking over his shoulder at the honey badger. "I'm just gonna stay in the shade if we do go. You know because of the fear of water and all" the cheetah named Fuli said to Kion who just smiled at her and said "of course." A white Egret came swooping down in front of the Lion Guard leader who was presumably Ono. "Any trouble?" Kion asked his Egret friend who had a straight face on, "none that I can see. But I'll keep looking" Ono said and took off.

    "Ok but don't be long because when your done we're done with patrol we're heading to the Watering Hole!" Kion yelled after the Egret hoping the Egret heard him. "Affirmative" was all the Ono said before flying further away from the group of animals. "So they're going to the watering hole to cool down. Then would be the time to strike" Fang said with a smirk and slithered back into the shadows.

At the Watering Hole....

The Guard now reached the Watering Hole and surprisingly the only animals there was the Royal Family with Tiffu, and Zuri. "Hello son. How was your patrol?" King Simba asked his son who joined him and his wife, "it was good. Despite the warm and torturous heat it was ok" Kion said laying down with his arms crossed. "CANONBALL!" Bunga shouted before jumping the water ball shaped splashing everyone. "BUNGA!" Fuli yelled and scowled at the Honey Badger, "what's wrong Fuli? Doesn't it fell nice than the heat?" Bunga asked. "Still now I'm wet!" Fuli said in anger.

     "Ok sheesh. Who stole your gazelle?" Bunga said jokingly, "c'mon Kion join us!" Bunga said to Kion. "Ok" Kion said as he entered the water and immediately felt the nice coldness of the water. Kion sighed but felt something brush against his leg, he turned and looked around, he even looked in the water and found nothing. "Kion are you ok?" Fuli said as she saw her friend twist and turn in the water, "I felt something brush against my leg and I'm trying to find it.

"It was a rock probably, nothing to worry about" Nala said as she tried to calm down her son. It obviously worked when he said "yeah I guess your right" but Kion felt it again and was now sure it wasn't a rock. "Ok I felt something brush against my leg again and I think I felt scales" Kion said with frustration. "Ok Kion I'm gonna help find it" Bunga said as he started to go under and surface a few times in different places of the Watering Hole proving that he's helping. Everyone else also pitched in, Fuli was looking from a rock that was jutting out of the ground, Ono was flying above to spot it. They were losing luck when something jumped out of the water and bit Kion's left eye and right arm. It then slithered into a bunch bush out of sight of the animals.

Kion roared in pain and closed his left eye and put left paw to it, "KION!" Everyone screamed and swam towards him. He fell unconscious and they pulled him onto the land and examined him, "we need to get him to Rafiki" Fuli said and looked at the Royals. "Go warn Rafiki we're coming" Nala said looking at Fuli, Fuli then booked it to Priderock to find Rafiki hoping they can cure Kion.

At Priderock.....

Kion was laying soundly on a bed of leaves and moss, everyone was worried about him, mostly Fuli since she had a crush on him since they were little. "How is he?" Fuli asked as Rafiki put a leaf with some sorta mud like substance that looked green. "He will be fine. For now" Rafiki said with a sigh, "what do you mean 'for now'? What's gonna happen?" Simba asked the Baboon. "If he doesn't get a special remedy that grows far out away from the Pridelands, he will die" Rafiki said with a frown. "Well what caused this?" Bunga said with his arms crossed.

"A snake bite" Rafiki said looking at Kion then back at the group, "well don't you have the medicine for the venom?" Simba said. "The bite is like no other snake bite I've ever seen. It's mixed with Rattlesnack and Black Mamba" Rafiki said with sadness, everyone gasped and Fuli was now afraid. Afraid that the one she loved the most will be gone forever, "what happens when we get there? We don't have anything that we can transport it back with" Beshte said looking at Rafiki in a confused manor. "I will send my apprentice Makini" Rafiki said gesturing to the younger baboon that was painting pictures on the lairs wall.

The mandrill turned to look at the group and waved will smiling, "hello. I'm Makini. Rafiki's apprentice" Makini said walking over with her stick. "She will go along on your journey to get the remedy" Rafiki said with a smile, "alright. When do we leave?" Bunga said from Beshtes back. "Right now" Rafiki said with a smile, "now? But don't we need to gather stuff to bring along?" Fuli said. Rafiki whacked Fuli on the head with his stick, "ow what was that for?" Fuli said rubbing her head. "No need time to pack, you will have everything on the way to the remedy" Rafiki said with a smile. "What are we waiting for? LET'S GO!" Bunga shouted and ran out the door. Everyone laughed and Fuli was about to leave but got stopped by Simba.

"Yes your majesty?" Fuli said with concern, "Fuli please, call me Simba" Simba said with a smile. "Ok. What is it Simba?" Fuli said, "I know how you and Kion look at each other so that is why I am counting on you to bring back the remedy to save my son" Simba said with a smile. "Yes your Ma- I mean Simba" Fuli said with a blush at him thinking of her and Kion as a couple. "That's good to hear. I will tell Kion that you will be Second in Command when he wakes up" Simba said turning to leave.

"Wait!" Fuli said and Simba turned his head to look at Fuli, "yes?" Simba said with his eyebrow raised. "Thank you for trusting me and for everything else you have done" Fuli said with a smile. "No problem Fuli and thank you" Simba said with a smile, "for what?" Fuli said with question.

"For making my son happy" that's all Simba said before turning and going back into the lair, Fuli smiled and caught up to the Guard thinking. Don't worry Kion, Ad long as I'm around. You will always be my top priority. And with that they all walked off hoping to get back with the remedy in time.

There you have it. I hope you like it, I think I will enjoy writing this book and hope to make great memories along with it. See you in the next chapter.
JJ out.