Part 8: Running Out of Time

This probably won't be a long chapter but let's read what we have shall we?

2 days later......

     "Hello Kion how are you doing?" Rafiki said, "good why what wrong?" I said confused, Rafiki sighed and looked back at a adult male lion. He had the same color of fur as me and almost the same color of hair as my mane, "he seems to be getting worse Simba" the Mandrill said with his head dipping a bit. He rested his weight on his staff, who is Simba and why does he look like me almost? I thought. An adult lioness walked in with another one that looks almost the same but a little smaller. "How is he?" The adult lioness said to Simba, "he's getting worse Rafiki said" the lionesses gasped and looked at me.

     I just looked back and blinked, "Kion do you feel wired?" The juvenile lioness asked me, "no and who are you and how do you know my name?" I said and she looked like she was about to cry but didn't. "My name is Kiara and I'm your sister" Kiara said. "Wait I have a sister? I don't remember and besides I think your thinking of someone else" I said. She then lowered her head and walked back up to the 2 lions, "he doesn't even remember us" Kiara said. "It's ok dear" the adult lioness said and nuzzled Kiara, I just looked at them.

     I looked around the place I was in and found a few paintings, I got up on fours and felt a sting in my right leg and looked down at it. It had 2 bite marks with a black and blue ring around it I looked away from it and saw some paintings of a lion, hippo, honey badger, cheetah, and egret. Ono, Bunga, Beshte, Me, and.... Fuli I thought and smiled widely at Fuli's name. "Do you remember them?" Rafiki said from behind. "Yeah, their my friends and apart of the Lion Guard" I said smiling at the picture. I saw more pictures of us and some others I can't remember which, there was one with a volcano and a dark lion head on top of it.

     "I need to go out and think, because if I want my memory back I need to do it myself, and I might make new memories" I said to everyone in the cave. "Ok be careful Kion" Simba said, "I will" I said before leaving, I walked out and a gust of wind blew right into my face. I smelled the air and caught the scent of a zebra, I walked to the tall grass where it was eating. I stalked on all fours and crawled towards it, I was so close to it and I pounced o to it snapping its neck killing it. I licked my lips and dug in eating almost half the carcass before leaving it to scavengers.

    I walked around for a bit and found a nice water source, I looked and found that there were some giraffes, and elephants. I walked up to them going to make new friends and when I got close they apparently knew my name too because they said. "Hello Kion" "oh hello how do you know my name?" I asked my head to the side with wonder. "Well your the prince and we're supposed to know you" a female elephant said. "Oh well who are the King and Queen?" I asked sitting down by the water's edge my paws barely touching. "King Simba nd Queen Nala of course but have a daughter too her name is Kiara" a male giraffe said. A few more minutes of talking went by when Kion said. "Oh ok thanks guys. I gotta head back the sun is setting" I said and got up and stretched, I walked up to the cave or lair as Rafiki said so I could sleep.

     As I entered I saw no Rafiki, Kiara, Simba, or Nala inside, so I walked inside and laid down on my sleeping area. I fell asleep almost instantly.

Kion's head.....

     I woke up to a dark room and on the other side I saw the most beautiful cheetah I have ever seen, "Fuli?" I said. "Kion?" She said and we ran at each other and hugged each other, "how bad is your memory?" Fuli said. "Why does everyone keep asking how my memory is when nothing is different except how everyone I don't know knows my name" I said and Fuli looked sad and buried her head in my chest. "Oh Kion" she said crying a bit, "Don't worry we're almost there with the remedy, you will be back to your normal" Fuli said and I licked her head in appreciation.

She purred in response and I rubbed her back, "it's ok Fuli I'm here and as long as your alive I will never forget" I said and she looked back at me. "Hey Kion in case you do forget I just want to tell you something" Fuli said, we let go and I looked straight into her eyes. "You can tell me anything" I said and put my paw up to her cheek, she rested her head on my paw. "Kion. I love you" Fuli said and I was left there shocked, "y-you don't feel the same do you?" Fuli said and turned away. I snapped back to reality and pinned her down but didn't force her down or enough to hurt her.

"Kion what are y-" Fuli said before I full on kissed her with all I have, she kissed back and she put her arms around my neck. I let go and we both touched noses, "yes it does Kion you handsome lion" Fuli said and nuzzled me. "Good. Because you are the only thing that I want to have to worry about the most" I said and I rolled into my back and she laid down on my stomach. I wrapped my arms around her protectively not to much to where I hurt her but enough to make her feel safe. She rested her head on the crook of my neck and I laid my head down smiling relishing the moment.

If I do forget I will always know that Fuli will be by my side always and she won't ever leave it and I won't ever leave hers no matter what happens.

So there you have it. The next chapter and final chapter will come out today and I hope you like the story.
JJ out.