Chapter 1: The Awakening and Good Times

Kion's POV

I was in a dark area and I looked around trying to find out what was going on, but I only see darkness. My ears prick up at the sound of a voice shouting, "KION HELP ME!" I try to run in the direction but only fall into a hole with no end. I end up hitting the floor and on impact it felt like one more hit to the ribs and they will break. I stagger to my feet and look around and find my family and friends looking at me all with angry and sad looks.

"How could you Kion? After all we did for you, you just give up on us" Bunga said with his arms crossed. "Wh-what are you talking about?" I said taking a step back and my ears folded down. "I cared for you Kion. I was your best friend, I thought I loved you but I guess you just left us so I guess I love someone else" Fuli said and it hurt the most because I to have feelings for her. "I love you too Fuli and I won't leave you!" I shouted back, "it's to late Kion. I don't want to see you again" Fuli said and the Guard left.

"You are a disgrace to the family Kion. If you just never left maybe you could still be apart of the family and now you will never again be one of us" my dad said and I felt a few tears fall and I let them. "I don't want to see you again" my mom said and my family left, "no don't go! I will make it up to you! NOOOOOO!" I said and woke up sweating and panting. I was breathing heavily, "Kion are you ok?" Kiara said and my family came up to me. I hugged and cried more, I pulled away and said "am I a disgrace to you guys?" They look taken back by this.

"No. You are never a disgrace to us" my dad said and hugged me and shortly after the rest of my family hugged me. "Aha! Kion you are awake!" Rafiki said walking up to me, "yes I am" I said turning to look at him. "How do you feel?" Rafiki said playing with his long beard, "hungry, thirsty, I also hurt but I can deal with it" I said and tried to stand up but fell. "Woah easy there" my mom said and pain shot through my left eye and my right leg. "It's getting worse" Rafiki said walking up to my right leg and examining it.

I looked at the wound and 2 bumps were on my leg and a blackish blueish color surrounds the bite. I looked at my family and finally realized my friends were not here, "where are my friends?" I asked with a confused look. "They went to go get a remedy for your wounds" Rafiki said frowning, "without me!?" I said trying to get up but pain shot through my leg and I collapsed again. I raised my head only to be hit by Rafiki's stick, "ow what was that for?" I asked rubbing the part where he hit me.

"You should not doubt your friends, they will be fine without you. You need to rest" Rafiki said ushering me to the bed of leaves and moss. "Alright" I said and limped my way to the bed, "who's leading them?" I asked Rafiki. "Fuli is" Rafiki smiles and I smiled as well, "I always knew she would be a great leader" I said aloud and I blushed when everyone looked at me. "What? She does" I said trying to hide my blush, "we'll let you sleep and we will check on you later" my dad said and my family left me.

     Fuli, second in command, I like the sound of it, I thought and stared at the ceiling, I looked to my left and saw the whole group together. Me in the middle, Fuli on the left, Bunga on the right, Beshte behind me, and Ono on top of Beshte. I put my paw on the image and smiled thinking of how lucky I am to have such good friends. I then thought back to the memories we had as friends and the time Fuli was surrounded by vultures.

Flashback...

     Me and the Guard were trying to find Dung Beetle Larvae for Bunga's uncle's when Ono came flying in to tell us that Mzingo's and his vultures are circling something. "Ono keep an eye out for Fuli we might need her if there's trouble" I said while we all ran/flew to the area. "If I know Fuli she would already be there" Beshte said behind me as we ran.

     We were close by when I said "are you sure she's not close by? We could sure use her on this one" "no I-oh no! It's Fuli! She's down she's surrounded by vultures!" Ono said and I felt a flame or a fire start inside me as I heard this. "Hevi Kabisa! Till the Pridelands end!" I started, "Lion Guard defend!" The rest shouted, they were closing in on her, "vultures get away from her!" I said and she looked at me with a worried glance and her ears were lowered, "Kion..." I then tackled Mzingo to the ground and tried to poke me but I scratched his beak.

     I looked back at everyone and Bunga rolled and kicked a vulture in the air will saying "Zuka Zama!" Ono was pecking at another vultures head while the vulture kept saying 'ow'. "Leave, Fuli, alone!" Ono said and glared at the vulture, another 2 vultures tried to attack Fuli but Beshte came in "Twindeki Boko!" He said while knocking them away. The vultures flew to the sky and Mzingo said "rekavine! Rekavine!" I growled at him showing my white sharp teeth, and The Guard got in front of Fuli while she was smiling at the vultures.

     "Mzingo! When you take on one member of the Guard! You take on us all!" I said and used The Roar of the Elders to roar them away. "You ok?" I said turning to look at Fuli, the Guard did the same, "yeah. Thanks for saving me guys, even though I feel kinda lame for needing it" Fuli said and smiled. I smiled and said "you shouldn't. We're there for each other we're a team" "yeah. Even I need saving once or twice" Bunga said. I looked at him with a frown and half lidded eyes, "okay lots of times" Bunga said scratching the back of his head.

     "Well I wasn't helping the team by going off alone and getting worn out. Next time I will wait for the rest of you. Just try to move a little faster so I won't have to wait for you guys" we all laughed at that.

End of flashback...

     Those were the good times, I was smiling while looking at the ceiling, "you are lucky to have good friends" Rafiki said from the other side of the lair painting a picture. "I sure do" I said and fell asleep hoping tomorrow will be better.

There you have it! The next chapter, how did you like it? Was it a bit too rushed or did it peak your expectations? Tell me in the comments.
JJ out.