Chapter: 3 Oh no......

So I woke up from my "dream" with Fuli, oh how I wish it was longer, "how do you feel Kion?" Rafiki asked walking over with his stick. "I'm fine" I said trying to get up but Rafiki put me back down on the bed of moss and leaves, "you need to rest in order to heal" Rafiki said. "Ok" is all I said before lying down on my side about to close my eyes when Rafiki said, "so how did you think of that medication I gave you yesterday? Do you have side effects?" Rafiki said. "What are you talking about? I didn't have medication yesterday" I said confused.

     I searched my brain for any memories but found none, why would he bring something up that never happened? I thought as I looked at my paws. "That is very strange" Rafiki said stroking his beard and walking over to me, "do you feel all fuzzy in your head?" Rafiki asked looking at my face from different angles. "Ok. Rafiki will be right back" Rafiki said walking away and looking at a painting on the wall behind a bunch of vines. "Wierd" I whispered and lowered my head onto my paws and sighed, I unsheathed one of my claws and drew in the dirt.

I dragged my claw until it made a face that always made me smile. It was a picture of Fuli and I just wanted to be in her presence to make me still feel happy and have her comfort me or me comfort her. "Hello Kion. How did you sleep?" My dad said walking into the lair and I looked at him covering up my picture trying not to make it obvious I was hiding something. "Hi dad. I slept good" I said, "did you dream well?" My dad said looking at me with a sideways glance. "Yeah. I dreamt of a peaceful day with nothing to worry about and I was hanging with my friends at the watering hole" I lied.

I can't tell him I had a private conversation with Fuli in my dream or else he will think that we like each other and split us up because we're not the same species I thought. "That's good" my dad said and walked over to Rafiki, I laid my head on my paws again and sighed. As I was about to fall asleep a gust of wind came and it ruffled my fur and it irritated me. I tried to move but it followed me, "leave me alone!" I grunted frustratedly. It finally stopped and made a picture into the water, it showed a object, it looks like a brain but I'm not sure. That's all it showed before a gust of wind blew it away into the Pridelands.

"Wait! Come back!" I said but it was too late and it already disappeared, "what did it show me? Oh yeah a brain!" I said and closed my eyes and replayed the image in my head. I opened my eyes again and looked around as if trying to find another clue but there was none. What was it supposed to mean? What did the clue show that was so important? All these thoughts tossed and turned in my mind until I gave up. I sighed and flopped onto my side and stared at the area where Fuli usually stays when she is meeting up with the Guard.

     I smiled and thought of all the times she was happy and when she made me happy, I wish I could tell her sooner I thought with a frown. "What if she only thinks of me as a really close friend and meets someone else that makes her even more happy and never makes her angry and has been there for her when I haven't?" I thought and a tear rolled down my cheek and I started to cry a little.

     "Then I will be nothing but a lonely lion who missed his opportunity to be with someone special" I said and covered my head in my paws and cried more. "Kion I have a few assumptions about what happened earlier today" Rafiki said walking into the room. He and my dad took one look and they looked like they saw a ghost. "Son what happened?" Dad said and ran over to me and nuzzled me, "nothing. Just thinking what would happen if they don't make it" I said and earned a hit from Rafiki's staff.

     "Ow- what was that for?" I said rubbing the top of my head, "that's for having doubt in your teammates" Rafiki said. "Ok but geez you don't have to hit me on the head for that" I said glaring at the monkey. "Well that's how I am" Rafiki said, "whatever. What were you saying?" I said changing the subject. "Oh yeah I think the reason you don't remember the medication we gave you is either from the snake bite you got. Or it might be a side effect that I have never seen before" Rafiki said stroking his beard. "Well what is it?" I said anticipated by the new info I just got.

     "You might be losing your memory..." Rafiki said and bowed his head a bit and my dad didn't even look at me. "W-WHAT!?" I said.

There you have it, I hope you like the twist I put in, Sorry this isn't longer but I had no more idea's to put into this chapter. So hope you have a good rest of your day and I'll see you later.
JJ out.