Chapter 9: We Did It!...... Maybe

1 week later....

     "C'mon guys!! A few more hours and we'll be in the Pridelands!!" I shouted as the Guard ran through the dessert where we first started the journey. "Hang on Fuli! We can't run as fast as you and Azaad!" Bunga said from behind trying to catch up. "Oh sorry" I said and stopped to an abrupt stop kicking up some sand "it's ok. Just try to remember the rest of us please" Beshte said and I sheepishly smiled. "Sorry I just forgot that you can't run as fast" I said, "it's ok. Now let's get going so Kion can get better" Makini said and we started to run but me and Azaad ran at a reasonable pace where the Guard can keep up.

     We would occasionally stop at nearby oasis's to get a few drinks and some food if there were bugs, and fish. We would also take a few minutes to rest then we would go again hoping we would be there in time. "Come in were so close I can see Priderock in the distance!" I said as I started going faster kicking up sand. "Hey watch the sand Fuli!" Bunga said covering his eyes, "oh oops" I said and slowed down. We were close to the border when Makucha and a few other leopards jumped in front of us. I skitted to a halt blowing up a tiny wall of sand, "hello again cheetah. You also have friends. How lovely" Makucha said.

"Out of the way Makucha before you know what's good for you" I said gritting my teeth and getting into a battle stance. "Not if I have anything to do with it" Makucha said, I lunged at him and he dodged it. He pounced onto me and I struggled underneath his grip until I kicked him off of me. He landed on the ground with a hard thunk and growled getting up, I growled and lunged at him this time catching him off guard and landing on his back biting him. He roared in pain and threw me off, I landed on the ground without major injuries, as I got up I witnessed the group fighting the other leopards. I got back up to only be pinned down again and I tried to get up but it was no use and Makucha dug his claws into my shoulders making me grit my teeth. "Awww. Does the little kitten hurt? Well suffer" Makucha said and all of a sudden a blue blue jumped onto Makucha and it turned out to be Bunga. "Aggghh! Get off you smelly fur ball!!" Makucha said as he tried to shake Bunga off. But Bunga held on tight and covered Makucha's eyes making Makucha go all over the place. I finally got up after moments of teeth gritting from the shear pain in my shoulders from the claws. I looked around and saw Makucha on the ground unconscious, I then smiled and looked at the team and saw that they had everything under control.

     We were gonna leave but jaguars, and more leopards came from out of the bushes surrounding us. "Fuli what are we gonna do?" Makini said, "I don't know" I said and I was too overwhelmed to think of a plan. "I have a plan. You can come with us and we might let you live" Makucha said walking up to us. "I have a better plan. Leave now and you won't be executed" Simba said from behind Makucha with the lionesses, Nala, and Kiara but no Kion. "Ahhh King Simba what a pleasant surprise" Makucha said turning to look at the king with a smirk. "Leave now Makucha" Nala said and the lions growled, "fine. But we will come back when you least expect it" Makucha said before him and his clan left.

"Do you have the antidote?" Simba said after they left, "yeah now let's go" I said and we ran for the cave Kion was kept. When we got there Kion was laying down on a leaf bed sound asleep, "let's wake him up" Kiara said. "I got this" Bunga said and walked up to Kion, "hey Kion" Bunga said and messed with Kions face making silly ones making almost everyone laugh. "He has no idea" Bunga said facing us, when he turned back to Kion, Kion was fully awake and glared at Bunga. "Oh hi Kion" Bunga said and immediately stopped, "hey who are you?" Kion said and that shocked everyone. "It's me Bunga Kion your best friend" Bunga said with a smile, "I don't recall having best friends or having friends as if that matter" Kion said putting on his thinking face.

"Ok I know your joking" Bunga said laughing, "I'm not joking" Kion said with a serious face. "Well maybe the remedy will help you" Beshte said and Makini walked forward opening the place the remedy is kept. "Here drink this" Makini said, "ok if you say so" Kion said and drank the remedy and just looked at us. "Are you better?" I asked, "yeah my scar feels better and I feel healthier" Kion said with a smile. "Do you remember us?" Bunga said hope in his eyes, "I'm sorry. I don't" Kion said and Bunga bowed his head a bit. "Sorry maybe we can hang out and be friends?" Kion said, "I guess but it won't be the same without the old Kion" Bunga said and left the cave.

     "Did I do something wrong?" Kion said looking at us, "of course not he just misses you but with all your memories" Beshte said. "Oh.." Kion said and flattened his ears, "hey it's ok. We will help you regain those memories" I said and he cheered up. "Thank you" Kion said, "your welcome. Now let's go find Bunga" I said and everyone left the cave to find Bunga.

There you have it. The last chapter, now I have an idea for an epilogue that fits perfectly in the plot line of the story. So read the epilogue to know more about the second book in coming. Anyway hoped you enjoyed.
JJ out.