Chapter 4: The Canyon and A New "Friend"

We were walking in the maze of a canyon only to meet a dead end over and over and just having to hear Bunga's annoying jokes is driving me insane. "Why didn't a skeleton cross a herd of stampeding animals?" Bunga said, I sighed "what?" I said a little to harshly. "Because he has no guts! Get it because he has no guts and he's too much of a coward anyway" Bunga said chuckling. "How original" I said quietly, "what do you call a type of blindness to a chameleon?" Bunga said.

"What?" I said annoyed, "colorblind!" Bunga said and laughed harder than before, my patients was wearing thin already from the constant dead ends of the canyon. The rest must have noticed because Ono said, "uh, I think that's enough jokes for today Bunga." "Yeah, it's getting a little old" Beshte said to his honey badger friend, "oh ok" Bunga said and he was silent for a long time until I lost it. "AAGH!" I said and stomped my foot down on the ground and sat down growling in frustration. "What's wrong Fuli?" Makini said, "we keep getting dead ends where ever we go and Bunga and his stupid jokes are driving me insane!" I said lashing out all my anger contained inside of me.

     "Oh" Makini said, a few seconds passed and some rocks hit my head and just shook it off before a few more hit my head before I grunted and finally looked up and spotted 2 animals. One flew down and perched next to Ono and it looked like a eagle, one jumped down a few rocks and landed next to me and it was another cheetah. "I heard you have trouble finding a way out of here?" The cheetah said looking at me with it's olive green eyes, "yeah, it's like a maze in here" Bunga said walking up to the cheetah.

     "Well Azaad and Anga can help you out if you like" Azaad said smiling at me, "that would be great" I smiled back and got up. "I'll lead the way, Anga the eagle said and took off to the sky, "I should help" Ono said and followed her. "Ok" I said and Azaad took the lead as we walked through the tunnels and dodge any incoming boulders. "We almost there" Bunga whined trying to stay up with the group a bit, "yeah, just a few more minutes" Azaad said.

     While during the trip Azaad slowed down a bit and was the same speed as me and was getting closer to me only centimeters away from my fur. I got a little uncomfortable and tried to scoot away but got close to the caves walls. Azaad was so close to me until Bunga came in and said, "hey Fuli is it ok if I sit here because my feet are killing me!" Azaad moves away from me and I moved away from the wall. I turned to look at him and he winked at me which made me get his idea, "yeah sure" I said and kept walking while smiling.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Azaad glare at Bunga which made me slightly angry, Anga and Ono came swooping down. "I found the exit but there are a few rocks in the way and it's starting to get dark" Ono said. "Ok let's set up camp here and we'll leave in the morning" Azaad said and we all started to pick sleeping spots and I chose one on a ledge overlooking my friends. Ono and Anga were sleeping next to each other (I ship them) Bunga and Beshte nearby. And Azaad was at the other side of the ledge laying down, I grunted and laid down with my paws crisscrossing hanging over the ledge with me head resting on them. Can't wait to see Kion again I thought smiling and fell asleep almost immediately.

Fuli's head....

     "Hello?" I said in the black darkness that surrounded me only to echo, "hello?" A voice I know all too much. I whip my head around and look at the handsome lion in front of me. "Kion?" I said walking closer to him, "Fuli?" Kion said and we ran at each other and we hugged. "I missed you Fuli" Kion said, but then let go and sat down with his ears flat against his head. "What's wrong?" I asked tilting my head to the side, "I-I'm losing my memory slowly" Kion said and my heart shattered. All the good times of me and him had all gone in just a matter of weeks or days.

I nuzzled him and he nuzzled back and we stopped a few seconds later, "well we'll have to make every second we can together memorable" I said and smiled. "Yeah, I have a few ideas" Kion said smirking, "oh yeah what?" I asked smirking as well. "Well we can always do this. TAG!" Kion said and bopped my nose with his paw which made me blush and I chased him. I didn't go as fast but I went a speed were I was on his tail and he teased me sometimes as we ran.

After a few minutes more of playing and joking around in tag I jumped and landed on top of him and collided and we rolled for a bit and Kion was on his back and I was on his stomach. I opened my eyes and blushed immediately and we looked at each other. His auburn eyes burned through my emerald green ones like fire, "you know that scar makes you look more tougher and attractive" I said smiling with half lidded eyes. He smiled and he blushed a bit which made me smile and I lowered my head and we were touching noses. We were so close I could feel his heart beat faster and he put his strong muscular arms around my light somewhat skinny frame.

I smiled and lowered my head onto his chest and I sighed happily and got as closed to him as I could. I smelled him and he smelled like grass, as well as a bit of some honey, Kion licked my forehead which made me pur with delight. Kion nibbles on my ear which made me giggle, "what are yhohoho doing?" I said looking into Kion's eyes. "Keeping you awake because I want to spend every minute awake with you" Kion said and I blushed. I licked his muzzle and he did the same back which made me smile even more. "Wanna see something cool?" Kion said and internally I was mad that this moment was over but on the outside I still said "sure."

Without any warning Kion leaned in and kissed me on the lips and I was shocked but closed my eyes and leaned in. We pulled away after a few seconds and I smiled while he blushed and looked away. "Sorry I didn't mean to" Kion said and I felt bad, "hey it's ok. I liked it. Even better because it was you" I said that last sentence quietly. "You did?" Kion said, "yeah" I said and Kion opened his mouth to say something but closed it. "What?" I said and Kion said, "well I just want to say I-" Kion didn't finish because he disappeared along with me and I realized I woken up.

Outside...

I woke up and looked beside me to see Azaad up against my body, I got up and moved away only to wake him up. "Fuli whats wrong?" Azaad said as if he was to stupid to know why, "we'll a stranger I barley met so happens to sleep right next to me when I don't even have feelings for them" I said anger shooting through my veins. "What's going on" Bunga said running up to us, "nothing. Let's just go" I said and walked away not even looking back. "Ok I will follow you to the place you are going to" Azaad said following me.

"No you are staying here" I said turning to look at him angrily, "but Azaad know the way to the remedy you need for your lion friend" Azaad said with a smile. "Who told you?" I asked looking at my friends, "the honey badger" Azaad said and I glared at Bunga who gulped and backed up. "Ugh, fine" I said, "lead the way" I said coldly, "as you wish" Azaad said smirking as he walked past me. I unsheathed my claws and gritted my teeth, "hang in there Fuli. Soon Kion will feel better and you 2 can marry and have babies!" Bunga said and I glared at Bunga who smiled nervously and hopped Io onto Beshte.

"Are you coming or what?" Azaad said, I grunted and just walked away, this is gonna be a long and frustrating trip I thought as we followed Azaad to the remedy.

There you have it. Hope you like it as much as I do so please comment and have a nice day.
JJ out.