1) The Loss

SO WELCOME TO MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT BOTH A FF13 FAN FANFICTION AND A CROSSOVER! KEEP IN MIND THAT:

1) I HAVEN'T QUITE FINISHED THE FIRST GAME YET, JUST GOT TO OERBA

2) THIS STORY WILL ONLY MAKE REFERENCE TO FF13, NOT THE SECOND GAME OR LIGHTNING RETURNS

ALSO, I GOT MY "FROM OERBA ON" INFO FROM FINAL FANTASY WIKI, SO BLAME THEM IF I GOT ANYTHING WRONG. ON WITH THE SHOW!

~Snow's POV~

"Serah..!"

"No! Just... Give me some time to think, okay!?" My rose haired fiancée rushes toward the door snatching the car keys as she goes. Just listen, Ser!

"Serah, really, you don't need to.."

"I said no, Snow!"

She snaps at me, icy blue eyes colder than their color. That makes me back off. Serah never snaps. Never. I shake my head and start after her again, but she's already in the car and driving away, tear streaked face bringing back my momentary self loathing. Gosh dang it! Need to calm down. Deep breaths, Snow. Sit down and... Gotta punch something! Letting out what sounds more like an angry roar than a frustrated groan, my uncontrolled fist slams into the dry wall of our shared house, a warped circular hole showing clearly.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I chant at myself, sliding down to the floor with my back to the ruined wall. "It was just a small lie!" Yeah, I lie that might cost you your relationship with Serah.

"Shut up," I snarl to nothing in particular. Gosh dang it, you idiot! Why me?

~|~|~|~|~

It's midnight. Where is she? Maybe she crashed with Lightning for tonight. Possibly even Hope, those two have become good friends. The people here that were forced to move onto Gran Pulse have made a good civilization, some people getting together to build buildings in areas where wildlife is already scarce, and others manufacturing transportation and such. One of these days I'm going to go get a job, I swore it to Serah. I owe it to her anyway. The gil won't last forever, you know.

Now I'm really worried. Couldn't hurt to call my future sister in law, eh? Smirking slightly at old memories of me wanting to crack up at Lightning's false hate toward me, I dial her number and hold the phone to my ear. Please pick up. Pick up. Cmon Light...