31) The End (SEQUEL!)

~Snow's POV~ WE ALL KNOW I'M GONNA SHARE THIS SPOTLIGHT WITH OUR FANG THE BROKEN HEARTED... ;) I ABUSE THIS FACE...

Tifa looks at me ruefully as I step into the hall. Today's the day we go home. It won't be home without her... We aren't even anything yet, but I can't leave someone as secretly hurting as she is on her own. Can I? Maybe I'm just scared because I'm still secretly hurting over Serah. I'm wasn't ready for us to really have anything, and I'm still not. If Pulse had just stayed blown up where it belonged...

Her reddish brown eyes reflect the sadness she contains in her slim yet strong body, the reluctance I feel to let go. Vincent's lucky we're leaving, though. If he were here right now, I'd pound him into the dirt for what he did to our Fang, whether he meant to or not. All of us from Pulse are a family, and despite Fang being like an annoying older sister, I feel the need to defend her at times. Light too... And Hope. And Vanille.... You get the point.

"So you're going home then?" Tifa asks hesitantly, arms hugged to her body insecurely.

"Guess so," I sigh. "Cmon, Reeve will hate us for being late."

"He's too nice for that," she forces a smile.

"You never know."

I'm surprised to see that the rest of Avalanche has arrived to say goodbye. Nanaki, the cat thing, gives me an inquisitive look as he approaches before giving me a fang filled smile.

"It was nice to meet you all," he says politely. "You are a person of great power, Snow."

"Thanks," I give him a cheeky grin. "And you're a... Thing with a great... Tail?" He laughs and shakes his head before moving on. Barret nods toward me as a hello as Marlene drags him to Sazh and Dajh, and Cid merely lights a cigarette while watching Tifa gently cling to my arm.

"Excuse me," I can hear Reeve say as he shoulders his way through the crowd of people in the room. Fang keeps her distance off in the corner, arms crossed and going at Reno. Now that I think about it, it looks like the guy has a broken nose... Oh. Someone made her mad... "I would just like to say that it was an amazing experience having you all here with us. You were great company and wonderful workers in helping us find Hojo," he smiles. Vanille covers her face as she most likely fights tears. Yuffie rolls her eyes and shoulder bumps her, muttering something. "Unfortunately, we will be I able to keep in contact, but I do wish you all the best of luck back at home."

"Loves to make speeches," Lightning mutters. I smile at her words, deep down not feeling very smiley at all. Cid chuckles and looks at Fang.

"Like Lady Luck, eh Fang?"

"... I'm not much of a believer anymore," she says sharply, surprising the pilot. Then he turns back around, mumbling to himself around his smoke.

"You've all got a few more minutes before I open the portal, so talk away," Reeve announces. Cloud looks over at mea fun starts forward, but Lightning yanks him back by his wrist with a scowl. Probably scolding him for try to leave her in the last few minutes, I think with a light laugh. Tifa glances up at me quietly, unsure of what to say.

"You gonna keep working at your bar?" I start it off just like always. She nods.

"Yeah. It's what I'm good at, I guess. What're you gonna do?"