9) The Prankster

~Fang's POV~ (MY PERSONAL FAVE AT THE MOMENT ;))

"Get a move on then!" I call to the annoying ninja girl in front of me. She huffs and sticks out her tongue before sliding onto a chocobo behind Hope, who's behind Vanille.

"KILLER KIDS, UNITE!" She yells loudly and Vanille's eyes widen at the volume. Hope just groans and shakes his head, absentmindedly running his gloved hand over the golden bird's sleek feathers.

"Killer kids, huh?" Snow chuckles. He's been in a better mood since we've met these weirdos. "That's different."

"She's Yuffie, what can I say?" Tifa laughs. He glances toward her and shifts uncomfortably. Well what's up with the big oaf?

"Come on, Vampy. Onto the birdy ya go."

"Where will you ride?" He asks in that flat, but deep, voice of his.

"In front, of course! You're not that big, Vince. No, I'd say you're rather bony, actually."

"Sorry to disappoint." I can see the smirk clear in his eyes, but I just clench my jaw and hop on.

"Oi! We goin yet?"

"Just a minute!" Sazh calls, trying to calm his bird. "There we go. Ready Dajh?"

"Yup!"

"Where's Light?" Cloud frowns, looking around.

"That's Lightning to you," the rose haired woman appears a few yards away, a small sneer playing on her lips. She hops on behind Cloud and sits sideways, holding onto the feathers firmly. "Now let's get to Midgar."

"Cmon Vinnie," I sneer, knowing how much the tall man hates the nickname. He huffs and gracefully swings up behind me, one leg accidentally bumping into mine. I smirk and turn my face forward again. "Yah!"

Our long legged animals race across the ground quite smoothly compared to the ones on Gran Pulse. Once we reach the water, Vanille, Snow, and I stop expectantly at the edge, looking at Cloud for direction. But he just rides on and his chocobo... Walks? Vanille squeals in delight and starts up again, Snow laughing and following. I hesitate, frowning at the clear liquid until warm hands cover mine on the reins. I whirl around to see Vincent nod in approval and he takes control, sending the bird sprinting after his friends. I scoot forward a little to get a better view. We're walking on water! Well, in a way. I'm so tired.... I yawn and fight back at sleep. We had such a hard time sleeping down in Mideel, and Cid wouldn't let us sleep on his ship, stupid man. Vincent seems to notice my battle and hesitantly pushes me back to lean against him.

"Sleep. You are tired." I don't disagree, Vampy.

All too soon, I feel someone lightly carrying me from the chocobo's back. Smells like blood and regret. Must be Vince. Still half asleep, I turn and bury my face in his shirt. Too tired. The light needs to go away. And he still smells like he did on that island. Really good... Not like cheap cologne like Cid.

"Aw! Fang's sleeping on Vincent!" Vanille coos. I block her out and squeeze my eyes shut. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep... Not tired. Blinking my eyes open, I jump into a sitting position and nearly knock my forehead into Vincent's chin.