27) The Kidnapped

~Fang's POV~

I wake up with a start as I feel metal on my bare shoulder. When I see that I'm looking into weary, kind crimson eyes, I relax. Does he even know how beautiful he is? Fang, chillax. You're a strange person in the morning. Yup.

"What time is it?" I yawn, rubbing my eye.

"Nearly eight. Sazh and Vanille have just returned from the night watch."

"Hmm," I hum. Too tired. Too lazy. Too Fang. I reach up and grab his unarmored hand, pulling him gently toward me. "I'm cold."

"You will be even colder if I have to drop you in the tub again."

"Please?" I pout.

"Please what?" He frowns.

"Snuggle me!" I whine loudly. He casts a concerned gaze toward the wall that divides our room from Sazh and Vanille's. Who would've thought she would be best friends with someone who tried to kill her? Then again, I was willing to as well. "Oh quit worrying! Besides, I'm sleepy."

"Then sleep?" He makes a very weak attempt to reluctantly pull his thin arm away, which fails as I give him a stern look. With a sigh, he gives in. "Fine. But I am not staying past eight thirty."

"Aw! Thanks Vinnie!"

"Do not make me change my mind," he narrows his crimson eyes at me as he sits beside me slowly.

"You are so shy," I roll my eyes, pulling him down to lay beside me. I cuddle up against his warm side. He hesitantly shifts so that he's laying on his side and I roll my eyes, hugging him to me tightly around his thin waist (isn't everything about him stick figurish?). "Don't you know how to hold someone, Vampy?"

"Perhaps," I hear his slightly humored reply as his gloved hands lightly slide to the small of my back. Guess he took his gauntlet off.

"That's better," I smile softly to myself and close my eyes, content. For now anyway.

~|~|~|~|~

I wake up again, now untired... Wait, is that even a word? Anyway, I wake up and nearly end up fangirling when I feel Vincent's arms holding me tighter to him than when we fell asleep, our legs tangled and our bodies pretty much crushed together. Hey, it's comfier than it sounds. He looks so peaceful in his sleep, at ease and vulnerable. Knowing him, he probably slid his gun under my pillow before he dozed off. Loaded. With the safety off. Great job Vince. See ya in the afterlife. I don't even know what I'm doing until my lips brush against his sharp jaw, causing his ever observant eyes to flutter open and flicker down to mine.

"Good morning, Sunshine."

"What time is it?" He blinks at me. I lift my head to look over at his wide shoulders at the clock on the wall.

"Exactly eight thirty, why?"

"Good," he nods. "Will you actually get up by yourself now?"

"Maybe." I smirk. "It might take a little convincing."

"Hmm," he hums, bring his face just an inch closer to mine. "How much convincing?"

"I said a little, but you like to go over the top all the time, don't you?" He smirks slightly and pushes his mouth against mine, holding me closer. When he finally breaks away, I stretch my sleep worn limbs tiredly.

"Eight thirty four, Vampy. You're gonna be late for you date with the snow."

"It is your date too," he points out, as willing as I am to let go and get up. Not very.