prologue

You

Why does this always happen to me?

Everyone that I have grown to love.. they just... disappear.

Is it me? Am I the reason as to why this is happening?

Maybe. Maybe it's me. Maybe I should just disappear. Maybe I should just-

"Hey, Earth to (Y/N)?" Someone was in front of me, snapping his fingers to bring me back to reality. I looked up and it was Manager Dales. "W-what is it, sir?" I asked him.

He put his hands in his pockets and sighed. "You've been staring at the floor for minutes."

"Oh," was the only thing that came out of my mouth. I looked down with a frown. I might not see Manager Dales but I knew he was looking at me with the same expression too.

"I know it's rough, kid. Jeremy was a nice employee. Even if it's his first day, he never failed to impress me!" He said with a huge smile. I just stared at him and smiled, too.

"Yeah, he was a nice friend, too.." I mumbled to myself, but enough for Manager Dales to hear. "And now... He's..."

Manager Dales patted my shoulder. "Kid.. it's hard but, he'll get through this. Jeremy is a tough guy."

I wanna cry, but I didn't. I know that Manager Dales is like my second father already but, it's still embarrassing to cry in front of him.

But he got a point. Jeremy lasted those five nights of 'heck', didn't he?

I looked up once again, this time, with a smile. "Yeah you're right, sir. I'm pretty sure he will wake up soon," I stood up.

Manager Dales smiled at my behavior. "That's the spirit! Now, I'll leave this place to you, ok?"

I nodded. "Yes, sir!"

He walked towards the exit and turned to me, "Take care." Then he left.

I waved goodbye at him even if he didn't really see. I looked at the clock and there is still an hour before the night guard comes.

I sat on one of the chairs and looked at the animatronics on the stage. I reminisced the nights when I was the night guard. It was really boring back then, my experiences were so different from Jeremy's stories.

He said that the animatronics were active, especially the puppet. Well I can't disagree on the last part but, the others weren't that much active when I was the night guard. He told me that the old ones also appear. I didn't believe him at first, but his face showed no lies.

Other than that, he would help me out with other unfinished work in this place. That's probably the main reason why I have grown to like him, as a friend, of course.

Even if I only get to talk to him for six nights everytime he gets here before his shifts, they were all meaningful to me. But then, he became a worker on day shift. We were both happy that the two of us can finally work together, and that his life is not in danger anymore.

Little did I know that's the first and last time I'll get to work with him.

The Mangle animatronic had this... Malfunction... Then Jeremy was there, and I was there... I've seen it with my own eyes, and it hurts.

It hurts that everything just ended like that, in a second. That I couldn't do anything but watch, just like what happened before.

I didn't even realize that my tears were flowing already. I wiped them with my handkerchief, but they didn't stop flowing. "Gosh darn it.."

I looked at the clock to see the time. It's 11:43. "The night guard should be coming soon."

"I'm already here."