eleven

A/N: Hey been a while

~•~•~

Chapter 11: Small Meeting

~•~•~

"What are you doing here?" a boy looked down at her. She looked up, flustered as someone still found her in her secret place.

"...playing guitar... obviously..." she mumbled, almost to herself. She looked back at her guitar but was too nervous to play it.

"Isn't that a boy's thing?"

Her fingers finally moved, but she didn't know how to respond to him. She silently played the guitar hoping he wouldn't find it rude.

He sat down beside her and watched her play. The atmosphere was getting awkward so she decided to ask.

"W...what's your name?"

He shot a questioning glance at her.

"Why would I tell a stranger my name-"

"My name's (Y/N)."  She cut his sentence. Was she too excited to say her name? Or was she getting tired of this boy's excessive skepticism? Nonetheless, she still cut his sentence. "Now that you know my name, can I know who you are?"

"No, you're still a stranger."

She was done with his stubbornness.

"I just told you my name-"

"Just continue playing your guitar and don't mind me."

She stopped arguing and continued strumming her guitar.

Silence filled the air. The sounds of the instrument and the distant cheering of children were the only things that are heard.

"...you're good."

She looked beside her. The boy was looking in the distance but she was sure that was meant for her. They are the only ones there anyway. The girl smiled unconsciously.

"Thank you."

~•~•~

You

The sound of my phone woke me up. I didn't notice I fell asleep. I looked at it to see the word 'jerk' on the screen. Oh, Mike is calling.

"What's up?" I asked as I put the phone near my mouth as my voice was still hoarse.

"You forgot there's a meeting, didn't you?"

~~~~>

I ran as fast as I could to get to the café. How did I not notice the time?! I simply clicked my tongue and mentally slapped myself because of my clumsiness. I arrived at the meeting place 12 minutes late and saw four people already waiting for me. One of them isn't familiar though, even if I can't clearly see his face as it was buried in a book. He's probably Gavin, Stephen's brother.

But why is Jamie here? Is she really...

"Our princess finally came," Mike said as he turned his head and smirked at me. It's been a while since he did that, so I'm not sure if I should miss it or something...