five

Chapter 5: Over a Cup of Coffee

~•~•~

You

The lady on my doorstep smiled drily. I don't think I should have said that.

"(Y/N), how many times did I tell you to not call me that?"

I grinned nervously. "S-sorry, Aun- I mean, Marissa," then I laughed in an awkward way. "Anyway, please come in!"

You might be wondering who this person is. It's my aunt, Marissa. She doesn't want to be called 'Aunt' though since she said it makes her seem old. She's the one who took care of me when I was a kid.

I let Marissa in my house. "My goodness, (Y/N)! It's been so long!" She then went to hug me. She quickly pulled away, not giving me enough time to hug her back. "Don't tell me you just woke up when I rang your doorbell," she pouted at me, with hands on her hips.

I smiled sheepishly. "I just got tired from work," I lied. She'll probably ask me later if I have work anyway, so it's better to say - or lie - to her now. If she knew I don't have a work right now, she'll force me to let her pay my bills and loan, and I don't want to be a burden to her again.

Her frown was replaced by a smile. "Golly, you shouldn't work too hard."

She walked towards the kitchen. "You really are taking care of this house," she said while looking around the room.

I giggled. "You taught me well."

"I'll cook some breakfast first," I said as I went to the stove to prepare the pan. Marissa quickly ran to me. "Oh, no, no. I'll cook your food just like old times! You should shower first," she said, stealing the pan from me. "Bacon and eggs, still your favorite, right?"

I just slowly nodded at her. I feel kinda embarrassed since she's my guest yet she'll be cooking for me. I thanked her, in which she replied, "Pfft, you don't need to," then she just shooed me away. I smiled at her playful personality and went upstairs to shower.

As I turned the faucet, I started to think of a reason why Marissa would go here. Just a visit? It's been so many years anyway. Ugh, why am I even overthinking simple things?

After I finished showering, I dressed myself in comfortable clothes. I went downstairs to not keep Marissa waiting.

I immediately recognized the scent of bacon and eggs. My mouth watered as I saw them readied on the table.

"Welcome back, (Y/N)! Here's your favorite~!" Marissa said in a singsong and sat on one of the chairs in the dining room. I smiled back at her beaming face. "Thanks, Marissa, but why is there only one plate here?"

She shook his head. "I already had my breakfast, I just came to this town to visit my beautiful nieces."

I looked at her curiously while sitting down. "Nieces?"

"Oh, didn't you know? Hanna lives in this town too."

I froze. "Oh," that was the only thing that escaped my mouth. I continued eating silently. Marissa seemed to notice so she spoke up.