nine

A/N: It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm doing great in school and I don't plan on letting my grades drop. So, who knows when I'll update again ;)

~•~•~

Chapter 9: It's Only a Nightmare

~•~•~

You

"WHAT?!" I said in disbelief.

Mike just looked back at me and raised his eyebrow, as if he's telling me that I should be expecting this. Is he serious?

I know Ennie is on the news, but no one knows what it really is. Except Mike and me. And apparently, we have Stephen too.

"Uh, you sound really surprised, (Y/N). But at least let us explain," Stephen said. Yeah, they better explain!

"Ok, how and when did you know all of this?" I calmed myself down and sat on the chair beside Mike. He placed his phone on the table.

Stephen hummed as if he was thinking of where to start the story. "Oh, do you remember that thing's first victim back in the pizzeria?" he asked me.

Of course, I do. How could I forget that? I was the first one to discover the corpse. And it was the night when Mike had to comfort me because... I was crying. I guess seeing a corpse is overwhelming. Even if it's not really the first time.

"Yeah, so you started investigating on your own?" I asked, even if it was pretty obvious.

"Oh, no. I investigated with my brother."

My shoulders tensed up. His brother also knows?!

"And my cousin, too."

I mentally facepalmed. I looked at Mike to see if he's also surprised, but he wasn't.

"Don't tell me you already know it?" I whispered at him. He just shrugged and smiled at me.

I let Stephen continue his story. "So with three minds working together, we came up to the conclusion that it might be something nonhuman who murdered the man. Because of the lack of organs, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it scooped them out." Stephen was thinking of the right words to say. "And then I confirmed that by talking to Mike earlier."

Oh, so that's what they talked about back in the hospital.

"Of course I have already told my brother and cousin about that information."

I held my temple and sighed. "So, there are five of us who know," I summarized.

"And the five of us are going to investigate together," Mike finally said something.

I leaned my back against the chair. We're going to a dangerous place. Even if Mike had already gone there, it's still mysterious, especially for us. Besides, there still might be animatronics lingering in that place. We might get hurt, or worse, killed.

I sighed. "Can't we just call the police?"

"No." "No."

Both of them answered at the same time. It's hard being sensible in this situation with these people.

"We should meet up personally to talk about it, maybe tomorrow at the café," Mike said.

"Yup! I'll contact brother and Jamie later," Stephen joyfully agreed.