You Still Got It

05
You Still Got It

Blood. A lot of blood. It was everywhere.

The hard light of day had a way of filling in all the details the night didn't. That night, specifically. The burlap was stained to the brown of rusted iron. Wade

Wade's stomach burned. He almost broke but he had to stay strong. That proved to be a task. The fire of rage no longer burned in his veins.

He he balled his hands into fists. Quick so that Scarecrow didn't notice them tremble. He looked at the rotted plants around him. Tears brimmed his eyes but he blinked them away. That's when it hit him.

It wasn't his fear. The plants, they were alive but in agony. In his heart, he felt that same pain.

"What are you... You have the wrong one." Said Wade, shaking his head.

"Do you feel that, Doctor Isley?" Scarecrow asked.

Wade swore he saw a smile behind the bloody mouth. He gulped.

"Feel what?" He asked. A lump constricted his throat.

Scarecrow leaned forward. "The fear?" He inquired. A sinister smile tugged his lips. Blood fell past those lips, spilling on his shirt. That was smudged too.

That's when he noticed the Scythe. The keen blade rested in the dirt. It was soaked in blood and dirt.

"What did you do?" Asked Wade. He could barely stand the pressure in his chest.

"Do you feel like you're dying?" He asked, pushing up straight off of his scythe. "I made it just for you."

"W..Why?" Wade asked. He coughed and fell down to his knees.

"Wade!" Jason yelped. He watched Wade dropped to his knees. Jason sprinted through the rotten field.

"Ah, Robin. I can say I'm pleasantly surprised." Scarecrow said without looking at Jason.

Jason wrapped his arms around Wade. He lifted Wade to his feet.

"What are you doing to him?" Jason asked.

"Summoning him," Scarecrow answered.

"I need you to give your mother a message. You're the only one who could do it." He said to Wade.

"I'm not in.. in contact..." Gravity weighed his knees to the ground.

Jason held him steady. He strung Wade's arm around his waist. "Large pouch, belt." He whispered.

"You're always in contact, that's what's killing you. Isn't it?" Scarecrow asked, he tilted his head to the side.

"What do you want?" Jason asked Scarecrow. He squeezed Wade's hip twice.

Wade blinked repeatedly to focus his blurred eyes. He squeezed his hand. He could feel a mass in the pouch. It popped open so quietly that Scarecrow didn't hear.

"Justice. I've been wronged, your mother needs to know her secret weapon isn't so secret anymore," He said. He glared directly into Wade's eyes.

Wade lifted a mask from the pouch. A putrid root of of rot wrapped around his wrist. It burned into his wrist.

"Ah!" Wade cried. His wrist audibly sizzled.