chapter 1 - meeting her

cheryl was 22 years old, she had been working in the nicu for almost 3 years. tomorrow would mark her 3 years working there, she loved her job. it definitely was not easy but it was also very rewarding. whenever a worker hit's a year milestone the staff always puts together a little something, and cheryl's best friend who happens to be the labor and delivery head doctor jen can't keep a secret to save her life had already hinted they have something planned. cheryl put her stuff away in her locker and walked to the nicu, her best friend taylor who was also a nicu nurse was already fast at work. 

"hey tay" cheryl said waving in taylors direction. 

"hey cheryl hows your morning been going?" replied taylor. 

"it's been good jen is already hinting about tomorrow remind me not to tell her any secrets she really can't keep her mouth shut" cheryl said laughing. "how's your's been?" 

"well pretty good have you checked on emily yet i think we might be able to take her feeding tube out and let her momma start feeding her." 

"i will do that now, she should be fine so after i'll take her down to her momma catch you at lunch?" asked cheryl. 

"you know it" replied taylor as she walked away. 

cheryl walked over to the bassinet to check on emily. "hey sweet baby girl what do you say wanna get this tube out and go see your mommy." after examining emily she was ready and began to walk her to her moms room, as she was walking she passed a nurse she had never seen before, she had long brown hair with pink streaks and the most beautiful brown eyes cheryl honestly lost her breath she turned to see her again god she's beautiful cheryl thought to herself. once she got to room 2236 she wheeled in little emily to see her parent's. "hi guys, emily is making amazing progress today we actually were able to remove her feeding tube which means you can now breast or bottle feed her and her lungs are looking really good she should be able to come off the oxygen in the next couple days and then come home." "oh my gosh thank you so much nurse blossom this is amazing news thank you" replied emilys mom. "of course, let me know if you guys need anything" cheryl said handing emily to her and heading out of the room. once she left the room she walked back to the nicu hoping to see the nurse again but no such luck. twelve o clock came so cheryl headed to lunch to meet taylor. 

"hey tay, wanna go through the line with me to get lunch?" 

"sure cheryl let's roll im starving!" they walked through and grabbed their lunches. cheryl got a sandwich and a apple and lemonade. 

"so emily got to get her feeding tube out and got to go to her mom." 

"aw that's great, i love when they get happy endings" replied taylor. 

"me too, hey so today when i was taking emily to her mom i passed this nurse i've never seen her until today she had long brown hair with pink streaks ever seen her?" asked cheryl. 

"hmm no, but sarah said we may be having a nicu nurse transfer here, maybe thats her?" 

"maybe but you'd think i would see her in the nicu then, ill have to keep my eyes out." said cheryl. 

"why do you ask? does someone have a crush?" taylor asked smirking. 

"stoppp haha i mean i don't even know her name, but she was so pretty my heart honestly stopped." said cheryl thinking about the girl smiling. 

"ha you got a crush cheryl, let me ask around, i'll see if i can't find you're future wife" said taylor. 

"maybe i do, maybe i don't, but no it's fine if i see her i see her" replied cheryl. 

cheryl and taylor continued to talk and eat, then cheryl got up to get another apple, when she sat back down she didn't realize two other people were at the table. "hey tay, wanna bite?" cheryl said holding the apple up to taylor.