Beetlejuice x Lydia!Reader

I considered writing smut, but im too shy for it. I might delete the smut chapter I wrote in the past, so don't be sad if I do! I just get uncomfortable writing smut! ❤️

Suggested by doctorskitten

Warning: mentions of suicide and ways of suicide. Do not read if you do not like!

Lydia's POV

I was in love with that beetle-obsessed freak. Almost to the point of suicide. He was cute and funny, creepy and ghoulish. Loved a good scare and loved anyone. I knew he would never fall for me so I had to make him. But, after endless attempts at making him fall in love with me, he didn't and I only fell deeper in love with him by the minute. This was as far as I knew.

One day, all I knew was proved wrong. Beej and I were relaxing, talking about life and death and everything inbetween. Then, the unthinkable (to me) happened. He kissed me. Of course I kissed him back. He suddenly made me feel wanted, but I knew that if I was alive, I wouldn't have as long as forever to be with him. I asked him if we could 'get to the next level' and we did. You could probably imagine what happened.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~Time skip~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

I woke up, Beetlejuice next to me and my clothes strewn across the floor. I covered myself as I waited for Beetlejuice to wake up. He slowly opened his eyes and I said to him, "Morning, Beej." he smirked at me and kissed me. "Morning, Lyds." he said. I turned to him. "You know I love you, but I was thinking about something." I said. He cocked his head sideways. "Well, if we wanted to be together forever, I'm going to need to die." I said. I gasped and shook his head. "No. Lydia, whatever you do, don't end it. It's terrible; you end up having to work at the Netherworld if you're one of the unluckiest suicides, like people who cut their throats or people who throw themselves in front of busses. You don't want to work down there for at least 30 years, do you?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, it would be worth it if I could always be with you." I smiled to him. He shook his head. "Lydia, the only way you'd be free as soon as you had died was if you had some sort of 'accident.'" I looked at him, deeply. "Then do it. Do it or I'll jump off the roof. Anything to be with you." He looked at me with the same stare. He stood up and began to look for his clothes before responding. "Fine. I'll do it. If I haven't done it before sundown, you can jump." He said, dressing himself and leaving. I lay, looking at the ceiling for a while. I thought about what he would think up for me. What it would be like to die, and then got up, changing into yesterday's clothes. I did the usual for the day, wrote a note if Beetlejuice didn't come through with the plan, change into my best death outfit and prepare for my inevitable demise this day.

Sun down came quicker than expected, and Beetlejuice showed his face for the second time in the day to me. He had obviously not set up the accident when he said to me, "Lydia, I can't do it. I can't watch someone I love die. Not again." I shook my head. "Beej. I want to spend my eternity with you. There's nobody else I could imagine being with. Please. If you can't do this, let me do it for us." I said. I soon began my trek towards the roof. Beetlejuice chased me, trying to stop me from doing it.

When I got to the edge of the roof, he grabbed my arm. "Lydia, please." he said. I turned to face him. "Beetlejuice, let me be with you. I love you and I want to be with you forever. If I do this, nothing can keep us apart if I quit, like you." I looked into his eyes. Tears welled into his as they did with mine. I looked at his hand around my arm and pried his cold fingers away. I looked back into his eyes. "I adore you, but this world his hard, my life is a messy, dark room. The only way I can experience relief is if I die, for you." I opened my note and read it to him.

'Dear Family,

By the time you read this letter, I will be gone, having jumped off of the roof on the third story. I want you to know that my death is not your fault.

I loved you, but I need to do this for someone I love more than family- Beetlejuice.

You won't know who he is. But, he is a ghost. He is charming and sweet, gentle and kind.

He taught me how to feel loved and showed me the only love I have felt since mom died. I need him. He is my world.

He is my life and he is my death. He is the only person I want to touch, the only person I want to love. He is my everything.

Thank you for supporting me in all I do, and thank you for understanding. I love you.

Your daughter,

Lydia Deetz.

"You see, Beej? I'm doing this for us. For our relationship." I said. I took a pin from my pocket and pinned the note to the roof. I looked at Beetlejuice and kissed him. "Goodbye, Beej." I whispered. "Goodbye, Lydia. I love you." He whispered back. I was soon crying, tears streaming down my face and a tear rolling down one of his cheeks. I stepped back, so that my foot would be on nothing and fell. I saw as Beetlejuice watched me fall and then....

Darkness.

I could finally be with him.

1002 words