11

SABRINAS POV
I woke up the next morning to Nick holding me. We where crammed in a bunk but we are gonna be home in a few hours. I make my way out of bed and head to the kitchen. Mom and Dad where sitting on the couch watching tv.
D: morning, how are you today Bri?
Sa: good, is there coffee left.
D: yeah, but I want to know why your brothers where all upset yesterday?
Sa: right. Your going to need to sit down for this.
P: don't tell us that you did it again.
D: Bri, did you cut?
Sa: yes ok. I'm losing my best friend, my boyfriend might want to break up with me now because of this, I'm very self conscious after the whole Justin thing and I've been stressed over my brothers. I couldn't handle the stress and pain, so I did it. But I messaged my therapist and we talked last night and I'm feeling better.
D: why didn't you tell us.
Sa: because I was scared that you would flip out on me.
P: if you didn't tell us that you where getting help, you would be in boats load of trouble. But we are not happy about it. You are doing chores all day tomorrow. And so are your brothers, they kept it from us.
Sa: don't blame them. I told them not to so they didn't.
D: okay then. I'll have a list for you tonight if things you need to get done tomorrow, then it's the assembly for Allie after that.
Sa: yeah.
P: will you be ok?
Sa: hopefully. But I can't promise anything. I know it's good to spread awareness about it but, it just makes me more sad.
D: we know sweetheart. But you need to do it for your best friend ok. And we are having a family meeting about your cutting again ok.
Sa: alright, just don't blame them and yell at them. I even talked to Joe and he helped me.
P: ok, well go get ready for the day if your up.
I give them each a hug and head back to change. I get out and the boys are sitting on the couch with Dani next to Kev. They all look at me worried but I take a seat next to Nick and Joe. Mom and dad talked to all of us about not keeping secrets from them and especially this because it was so serious. The boys said that they would help me with a few chores tomorrow. After the meeting, I head back to my bunk and start to tear up at the photo of Allie and I. When I start to really cry, I feel someone coming into my bunk. I see Kev climbing in next to me. He tries to sit next to me not messing his hair up, and pulls me into a hug. I hate this but it's emotions I need to get out other then cutting.
K: hey, hey it's going to get better. What happened to being strong.
Sa: I-I can't.
K: yes you can. I know my baby sister and she's one of the strongest ladies I know.
Sa: thanks. I just need to get my feeling out other then cutting.
K: I know, but you gotta be strong. I know it's hard sometimes but you need to get through it.
Sa: your right. Thanks.
K: that's what I said. Your older, wiser, and best looking older brother is always here.
J: I heard that.
I laugh for the first time in a while then Kev leaves the bunk. I spend the next hour reading while waiting to be home for two or three days at the most. We arrive home an hour after I talked with Kevin. Once we arrive, I run inside. I haven't been home in like two or three days but I missed my bed. I leave my bag on the bus knowing I don't have to take it out right now. I run up to my room and just plop down on my bed. Then someone knocks at my door. I look and see Sam. I sit up and he looks at me knowing he can't move farther into my room then my door way. My parents say that the only boys in my room is my dad and brothers, until I'm married.
Sm: Joe called me earlier today. Told me everything.
Sa: oh, I figured.
Sm: he also told me the part about you saying that I would break up with you.
Sa: yeah, who would want to date a girl who does this.
Sm: I do. I never want it to happen again but, I know it's only like a month into our relationship but Bri, I love you. And I want to be with you and help you through this. I know you have your brothers but I want to be with you also.
Sa: wow, thanks for understanding.
Sm: no problem. Now can I have my hug. I never got a official goodbye from you.
I get up and run over to him and jump into his arms. I start to cry a little bit but wipe my tears away before he could see them. He puts me down and we head to the living room. Then Joe took Sam saying he wanted time with his friend and I could wait. So the two left before I could have an option. I get up and make some lunch of what mom had left in the fridge. Nick walks up and takes a seat at the counter.
N: what's for lunch.
Sa: well we have about a week old fruit that probably isn't the best. And we have some pasta that I can cook.
N: hmmm. I think I'll take the sugar free gummy bears.
Sa: but that wasn't an option. But ok.
I grab two packs of sugar free gummy bears and toss one to Nick. Mom and Dad went grocery shopping for food for the next few days while Kevin went to go drop off Dani at her house so she can catch up with her family for the next few days. So it was just Nick and I.
N: so, how was talking to Sam?
Sa: good, he understood and Joe apparently is like a 8 year old and told him everything before I could even call him.
N: not gonna lie, that sounds like Joe.
Sa: yeah, sometimes I don't get how he's older then me. I have to help him with his school work sometimes.
N: I know. He's kinda stupid sometimes.
Sa: for sure. We should start on the PowerPoint for the assembly tomorrow soon.
N: yeah, let me grab my laptop and we can start on  research.
He runs upstairs while I grab some paper. He comes back and puts his laptop down and I pull paper and pens out. We do research and put the PowerPoint and notes together. It took about two hours and when we where done, everyone was home but we didn't realize it. We have a family meeting so Nick and I can go over with Joe and Kev what they have to say tomorrow. After that, mom said that dinner was done doe we ate. After dinner, I went to bed because we had an early day tomorrow. I shower real quick and get into bed. I fall asleep for the first time without Nick next to me or any of my brothers. That's a first to be honest.
———————
Hope you liked it.
Did she really fall asleep without her brother or not?
Find out next.