13

NICKS POV

TWO DAYS LATER

It's two days sense we got the news about Allie and Bri, let's just say it's not a pretty sight. I mean I haven't seen her out of her room in a few days. I mean I keep her company at night making sure everyday that she doesn't relapse. Thank gosh she hasn't, yet. But other then that, she hasn't said a word sense she knew. During the day, each of us would go up there and check on her. Sometimes Dani did so she could maybe try talking to her. But from what we know, she hasn't talked. It's allies funeral today and it's gonna suck watching Bri sit there doing nothing and just crying. Maybe we can get a few words out of her. In the morning, I woke up early so we could get there to help set up flower and stuff. I shake Bri awake and make sure she's up before heading downstairs to get some food. I walk down and see Mom, Dad, Joe, Kevin, and Dani sitting on the couch with some breakfast.
D: is she up?
N: yep, still haven't gotten a word from her.
Da: I did the other day actually.
K: what, why didn't you tell us?
Da: I promised her I wouldn't.
J: what did she say.
We all gather around her and she talks.
Da: she said that she has thought about relapses but hasn't. She said not to worry too much because she's just upset and can't say a whole lot because she can't stand your guys reactions and that she is saying something at the funeral and that's it.
P: oh wow.
D: that's a lot. But why did she tell you but not us.
Da: she said that she couldn't stand your guys reactions and she would cry more and not talk for longer. She just wants to get through this stage with her thoughts with her but you guys checking on her every once and a while. And she also said that she wasn't too happy about the postponed tour.
P: how does she know.
N: dad, she has something called a phone and social media.
P: right.
D: boys, get something to eat and then get ready. Dani do you have a dress or do you need to borrow one of Bri's.
Da: I brought one but thanks.
I head to the kitchen and check my sugar noticing I was fine for the morning so I ate some cereal and headed upstairs. I went into my room and put a dress shirt and dress pants on. I grabbed the gift we got Bri as brothers and we are giving it to her. I go down the hallway and see my brothers waiting for me at her door. We knock and she opens it. She has a very beautiful black dress on and she has some makeup on but not much. We all walk in and take a seat around her on her bed.
N: well we got you something.
J: but we know you aren't going to talk probably but we wanted you to have this.
K: to know that all of us are with you in your heart, forever.
She opens the box to a heart necklace locket thing and she opened it and it had a photo of the family on one side and Allie on the other. She looks at it and starts to tear up.
Sa: I love it.
She whispers very softly. We all hug her and then head downstairs. We grab what we need for right now and head to the funeral home. We walk inside and see the family. We walk over and help put stuff out while Bri just sits there staring at the front of the room. I go over and take a seat next to her and she puts her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her and she cries a little bit.
N: I know this is hard but we can get through it together. Ok.
She shakes her head and I just hug her for long. About an hour later, other family and friends come in and I just make sure me or one of my brothers or Dani is always with Bri to make sure she's ok. Then the service starts. We sat behind her parents as a family with Bri next to Kevin and I and Joe sitting next to me. The prayer service starts and I just hold onto Bri the whole time. Then it's her turn to talk. She walks up with a tissue in hand and pulls out a piece of paper and starts.
Sa: wow, Allie was and is my best friend. We basically grew up together and where like sisters. When I found out she had passed, my family and I had just got done at an assembly at her high school about all this and I got the text. I just broke down. All I remember is my phone dropping and I just start to scream. I vividly remember my brothers rushing to my room and Kevin was holding me. This is the first time I've talked this much in days. I mean, I talked to my oldest brothers girlfriend about all this and I knew she told everyone but I'm not mad. To sum this up. I can't live without Allie. This is going to be the hardest years of my life going forward. But I have this necklace to remember that her and my family will always be here, in my heart. Thank you.
Everyone claps and Bri comes over and sits back down and cries again. Then it was time for the barrial service. Her cousins and family where pallbearers and I was one also because of hers and Bri's friendship and I was pretty close to her also. All of us men picked the casket up and walked out to the heruse. We put it in and it drove away. I just saw out of the corner of my eye, her crying into Joes chest and Kevin was holding her hand. We all got into the car and drove to the cemetery. Once we arrived, I walked back over to the car and we all helped the casket out and walked it over to the stand. I go back with my family and I see Bri non stop crying. I take her from Joe and just hug her. I think other then Allies parents, she was crying the most. The service starts and Bri just cries the whole time. When they went to put her in the ground, Bri couldn't watch, so Joe and I took her to the car but could still see everything happening. We got in and she just bursts out with tears. More then I have ever seen her cry. Joe and I both hold her and she just cried. Soon after the rest of the family came to the car and we drove off back home. Once we arrived home, we helped Bri out of the car and she just ran to her room. I walk in and just sit on the couch, worrying about how long this will be for her. Then dad walks over to me.
P: hey buddy, you alright?
N: I can't stand seeing Bri like this.
P: neither can anyone right now, but it's just the way it is right now. She will talk when she can or needs to. We just have to pray that she will get over this soon.
N: I know. But why her, anyone else. I never want this to happen again.
P: Nick, you know it might happen again. But we can't promise anything. All you have to do is be there for her ok.
N: yeah, have you seen sam in the past few days.
P: oh, him and Joe got into a fight and Sam hasn't been here sense.
Then we hear Bri's door slam shut. She must have heard that. We look up and we where right.
P: oh no. She's not gonna want to talk to joe for a while now.
Then Joe walks into the living room with an apple.
J: is she ok?
P: yeah, she just heard that you and Sam are fighting and that's why he hasn't been here. She's probably upset with you now.
J: I knew this would happen. UGH.
Then he storms off to this room and slams the door. Then dad followed him. I just needed sleep. I went up to my room and got changed and got in bed. I fell asleep but I slept the whole night. I guess I've been very stressed lately, that's probably why I slept for so long.
——————————
Hope you liked it.
How long do you think is will take Bri to recover from this?