I Need A Super Heart

"Lets go, go, go ladies!" our coach yelled at us as we were running laps.

I groaned and mentally strangled her in my mind. 

Today we had to do twenty laps around the track field. I already ran ten, ten more to go. I focus and slowed down to a slow jog. 

"Keep running or I'm going to make you run more laps ladies!" she yelled to the ones who were already starting to walk and trying to catch their breaths.

I looked up at the sky in frustration, and I saw an airplane circling the school.

"Stop looking at the airplane and run Summers!" the coach yelled and blew her whistle at me.

I was about to tell her where to shove her whistle when the airplane suddenly dropped something huge. The thing kinda looked like -

"A bomb!" someone said a let out a pitching scream.

My eyes widened and I sprinted across the track field trying to run away from the school, but I ended running right under the bomb when it exploded.

My whole body felt like it was on fire, burning and eating away my whole body. I felt pain everywhere and I couldn't move my own body.

"Her heart is beginning to fail and she's starting to glow bright" I heard a very distant voice.

"She one of the few survivors of the school bombing" I heard another closer to me.

I heard a continuous beat.

"Where losing her!"

Everything sounded muffled and then I couldn't hear anything.

"Darling are you waking up? Move something if you can hear me" said a female

I made my arm twitch.

"Good can you open your eyes? Twitch you finger for no or try to open your eyes" the woman said.

I did as I was told and I was able to open my eyes. I was in a hospital room with all these monitors attached to me watching my body. I saw a woman with a nurse outfit watching me closely with her clipboard in her arms.

"Can you talk darling?"

"I think" I said in a whisper.

"Good, you seem fine now and it's amazing you woke up"

"Why? How long have I been asleep? What happened? What's going on?" I asked still in a whisper.

"I know you have a bunch of questions, but all you need to know is that you've been in a coma for a year" she said writing something on her clipboard, "What's your name darling?"

"Dyann, Dyann Summers" I said my voice back to normal and shock painted across my face. I can't believe I was in a coma for a year, I can't even believe I'm still alive.

"We finally know your name, that's good! Now we can find your parents and if anybody that survived knows you" the nurse said turning to leave.

"Wait! Who survived the bombing?" I asked sitting up.

"From the school... Damien Seth, Samantha Rodriguez, Ashlyn Lewis, and Robert Sanchez" she said and left.

"I-I'm one of five survivors" I whispered to myself.