prologue

"hey hyerin," wooyoung tapped lightly on my table, i turned to look at him with my brows raised, "hm?" i hummed, doing my best to show him that i'm not interested in anything he's going to say.

wooyoung is my seatmate in math class and he annoys the shit out of me most of the time because of how random he is. he usually makes fun of me for having bad eyesight — being unable to read some numbers on the white board, but i just laugh it off with him since i'm kind of used to it now.

"out of your group of friends.. who's closest with kyunghee?" he asked, and i'm suddenly interested. i faced wooyoung completely, "why?" i asked, he's not the type of person to ask about this. we barely even talk about personal stuff, we just joke around. "oh, just — you know.. just asking." he avoided eye contact, i'm suspicious of something now.

"do you like kyunghee?" i asked, "bad news, brother, she's not interested in clowns." i snickered at him, and wooyoung looked demolished, surprised as he says — "idiot!" he moves in closer to me, making me lean back. "mingi likes her." he whispered, and i pushed him away from me, making a "???" expression. he smiled proudly.

"so? who is it?" wooyoung asked one more time, and then i pointed at myself, "me, why?" wooyoung paused and took a glance at mingi, and so did i, and caught him looking at the both of us with a worried expression. wooyoung and i then looked back at each other, "he needs your desperate help."

i inhaled to reply, but stopped for a reason. mingi is that annoying giant who hangs out with his other clown friends, wooyoung, san, yeosang and more importantly, his best pal, yunho. "i thought he was gay?" i asked, not knowing if i'm joking or being serious with the question.

"maybe?" wooyoung answered, and i squinted my eyes, "anyway, that's all." wooyoung grinned, then turned to face his notebook and write his notes. i took a glance at mingi and he was still looking at me, now with a relieved look unlike earlier. and i rolled my eyes.

the fuck does he think i am? i'm not some kind of god!

lowercase intended

lots of cursing