epilogue

"i like you."

heart racing.

red ears.

and red cheeks.

i giggled uncontrollably and got shy as i look away. mingi also giggled, doing exactly what i just did. "it's true!!" he exclaimed, trying to convince my great acting skills in which i should just find him funny for saying that amazing line.

"what? you cheating on kyunghee?" i asked sarcastically, chuckling as i awkwardly check the books as if i changed my focus back to just studying, (fake) figuring out which subject we should start on.

"i like you." mingi repeated what he just said earlier, which caught me off guard. i gulped on my saliva because i felt like my jaw was about to fall off from the tense i'm having from clenching my teeth in secret. i didn't say anything back to mingi and just straight up turned into a statue, staring at the math textbook i'm holding onto. ugh.. 'should we start with math?' would be a bit rude. so what should i say? i like him back??

"i like you. jung hyerin." mingi repeated again, leaning in closer to get a better view of my face. i faced away because of the nervousness, and because it's embarrassing to show him my tomato-ass face. "hyeeeerin." he called out my name again. mingi's voice is the perfect deep, the perfect husk, the perfect everything. and hearing him say my name now is really something else.

he likes me. bro, i tried my best not to show that i'm having a hard time breathing but i soon failed as i look at mingi with my lips pursed. hesitating to take action. kiss him!!! is for real what my heart is screaming right now.

i closed my eyes and took a breath of courage, but before i could lean in to kiss mingi, his lips ALREADY touched mine. he moved in first.

if i could describe the feeling right now. then maybe it's that it's night time and there are fireworks booming inside my stomach, and at the same time, it's spring, morning time, and there are butterflies all around town. the booming, the fluttering. the excitement, the nervousness- to be honest- i love how everything is going today. having the person you like confess that they like you back used to sound very impossible for me. but here i am, this close to him.

maybe things were complicated, heart-fluttering, and it made me want to cry, or want to punch you in the face. but right from the start, it was all part of your plan, right? you cruel mastermind, making my heart childishly waver like this for you. but guess what? you succeeded. you did it, song mingi, you trickster.

because my heart belongs to you now.