nineteen

kyunghee's pov / valentine's day

"happy valentine's day," i told mingi as he walks over to me with a heart-shaped chocolate. "hey," he greeted back with a smile, then proceeding to give me the snack, "this is for you." i took the sweet offering then gave back a smile. i hope this isn't awkward for him, because it's definitely awkward for me.

"i.. didn't buy anything for you." i said straightforwardly, "because i'm dumping you." i added him in a joking tone, "is that a good enough excuse?" i asked, but i'm not even joking. mingi sighed in disbelief, then he placed his hand on my shoulder. "come on, kyunghee?" he says with a sMIRK??? i furrowed my brows and glared at him.

"you like hyerin, don't you?" i deadass asked him, and he immediately looked away, taking his hand off me. that's freaking right! you should be afraid of me because i'm not as clueless as hyerin is, that's the reaction i like seeing, boy.

"w-what makes you think i d-do?" he asked, stuttering, but in a really contradicting tone. i scoffed, "i'm seonghwa's cousin, you lunatic." i almost threw up saying it, but whatever. saying that paid off because mingi looked really surprised, "second degree, by the way." i added, and wow, i sound like i'm bragging about it.

"does hyerin know about this?" mingi asked, a threat maybe? but no. i'm not scared. i suddenly let out a laugh i didn't mean, 'cause i just found things ridiculous, "she doesn't." i told him, changing my whole mood to really pissed off.

"then you're in trouble." mingi replied, making the same laugh as i did. i scoffed, "you're not better," i told him, then looked at the chocolate, "pretending to like me just so you can have hyerin close to you." i didn't want to ruin the chocolate so i just held on it preciously, since i'm sure he bought this with hyerin.

"she agreed to do it with me, so what's your problem?" he asked in an angry tone, and it made me furious, "you blackmailed her about the cheesecake thing!" i whispered, because we were getting a little loud, and there were people around. but i'm pretty sure that hyerin's not around, since i told naeun to keep her busy and date her.

"it doesn't surprise me that you know about that," mingi rolled his eyes away to the distance. and i couldn't help but sigh because i'm getting too worked up about it.

"you shouldn't play her like this," i told mingi, "she's really careful about keeping that cheesecake thing to herself, and you used it to.. i don't know? have her fall for you?" i asked. look, all i'm worried about is hyerin's feelings, not mingi's. so i'm going all out to tell him the reality to what he's been doing.

"seonghwa told you, huh?" he asked in defeat, obviously not wanting to argue with me anymore, "you're right. i do like hyerin. a lot." he smiled sincerely, "that chocolate means i want the person i'm giving it to love me. and i'm giving it to you because i want you to forgive me. i planned to tell you this today, anyway." he explained, and everything suddenly made sense.

"you better tell hyerin that you like her, anytime now." i scolded him. and he smiled nervously, "just.. don't tell her yet, okay?" he asked of me shyly, which made me laugh out loud because it isn't very likely of him to do that.

"okay, shithead." i replied, which also made him laugh. yep, we're laughing together, and i thought, it would be nice if someone like him dated hyerin.

sincerely.

hyerin's pov

sunday and i decided to meet up with hongjoong and his friends. except for mingi.

i sat on the couch and all the guys looked at me, "well?" yeosang asked, waiting for me to speak up. and i hummed because i didn't know how to start talking about it. "well..?" seonghwa asked, and everybody slightly leaned forward to hear me speak.

"i.. think.. i like mingi," i told them, and that's right, i'm telling them and not my friends. it's weird how i'm more comfortable telling them when i used to hate them with all of myself. everybody gasped but most of them just gave me a look. "what's wrong?" i asked jongho because he seemed really bitchy about it. he sighed then pointed at wooyoung. wait— no way.. does wooyoung like me?????

"why are you pointing at me?!" wooyoung smacked jongho's head, then he blushed. "do you..?" i asked wooyoung and he looked at me, "we were supposed to keep this a secret from you!" wooyoung exclaimed at me, being a little nervous. "but.. the truth is.." he added, slowly.

"mingi likes you. not your friend."

speechless. that's what i am right now as my face started to burn, i look at wooyoung with my mouth slightly open from the shock, "look, she looks like she got shot." yeosang made fun of me in the background, but i couldn't respond to that yet, because my mind was still not processing right. i'm supposed to not trust these guys in the first place, so i'm suddenly wondering, what the heck am i doing here and believing this?

mingi what? likes me?

"you're joking, right?" i finally spoke, because i was in a rush to know the truth, and then wooyoung looked away, "if you don't believe me then don't." he pouted, then everybody laughed at him. seonghwa tapped on my shoulder since he was sitting beside me on the other side, "it's true, hyerin." he said, and i was just confused.

"but kyunghee?" i asked, then seonghwa suddenly chuckled, "he just used kyunghee to get close to you," he explained, "kyunghee already knows about this." seonghwa smiled. and i asked — "how?"

"she's my cousin, silly." seonghwa informs, and at this point, i'm believing if someone told me that they saw santa claus working out at a gym, because heck— everything's possible at this point.

park seonghwa and park kyunghee. HUH? i thought it was just a coincidence that they were both parks— but it turns out that they're related to each other? t-then does this mean that kyunghee might know about the cheesecake incident? MOTHERFU—

i suddenly remembered how mingi reacted yesterday at the ice cream place. he must have choked because he got really shocked— "so he planned this all along?" i asked them, and they all nodded, "i can't believe that you're clueless about this." hongjoong giggled, and i was still shocked. so, bro.. can i say this line now? can i say 'I FREAKING KNEW IT!!!!!'? for real?