seven

ever since yesterday, i've been feeling weird inside. i want to tell somebody what happened between me and mingi, "you're my friend, so i know." but i felt like my pride was too high for that kind of shizzle. i scratched my head partly to feel if i still had a brain. it's so weird for me to be this distracted in class!

"you're my friend, so i know."

i stopped writing my notes, for the nth time in class. maybe i should just give up? i'm only barely catching up with the slides and i can't even read it well because of my (slightly) bad eyesight, i'm too prideful to even copy kyunghee's notes. it's because i'm sulky.

mingi and kyunghee went to the cafeteria together earlier, and being the typical me, i just stay inside the room and scroll on my (dry) instagram feed. why am i even jealous of them? it's not like i have a crush on mingi or something! if anything, i'm jealous that kyunghee isn't spending time with me.

"go boys!" the girls cheered, and that includes my supportive friends. we're currently in gym and our schedule overlaps with a different class, we usually skip gym at these times but since the evacuees just left and we couldn't use it for two days, we were forced to crowd up here.

"song mingi is so cool." i heard a girl from the other class tell her friend. i might have x-men ears for hearing that because they're on the other side of the bleachers. i practically thought about mocking what she just said, like, 'sOnG miNGi iS cOoL', and wanted to punch her for saying that.

wait what?

i snapped out my thoughts and realized i was being possesive over mingi, and that's pathetic of me! it's because we're just friends, so i shouldn't be feeling this way. i shook my head and decided to focus on the game, the players were on the other side of the court, and.. i don't know.. but even from this far, i can see mingi's face in perfect resolution, it's like my bad eyesight went bye-bye. just- look at that messy hair, and that face, that bod-

SNAP OUT OF IT! i yelled in my head. gosh, hyerin, for real, you need to get ahold of yourself. it's time to focus on the ball. it was passed to mingi and he hurriedly took it and jumped, shooting two points for his team. i almost stood up and fangirled and cheered but i stopped midway. "holy-" i cursed uncontrollably.

kyunghee looked at me with one brow raised, "are you okay?" she asked. i nodded with my head blank, not even looking at her. "you don't look okay." she added because i didn't answer, then she laughed at me.

that's because i'm not okay.

"want to come?" kyunghee asked me. i shook my head and kept my gaze at mingi who was standing beside her. "n-no thanks." i stuttered. he just asked kyunghee if she'd like for him to take her home, and she accepted, so now i need to let them be alone together. again. and i feel like shit, again.

i walked in the hallway, alone, my other friends already left me with kyunghee and kyunghee left me together with mingi, so now i'm alone. i sighed, again.

"hyerin!" someone suddenly called out, that's- wooyoung's voice? i looked at the direction where the voice came from and saw wooyoung running over to me. "h-hey," i stuttered as he made it in front of me, breathing heavily. "what's up?" i asked awkwardly. i'm just hoping he doesn't make fun of me for being left alone by mingi and my best friend, because then i'd be really embarrassed.

he took his moment to breathe and i felt more awkward, since i was the only one in the hall just earlier until he popped up. "i'm throwing a birthday party." he spoke, finally. i raised my eyebrows, "you're inviting me?" i asked like, of course, a motherfreaking loser. wooyoung nodded casually, like it's a thing i'm not supposed to be surprised of.

"you know, you got us on that movie marathon!" he said in a cheerful tone. i don't know if i should be glad or bitter. "so i'm inviting your whole squad." he hooray-ed, whilst i kept a stone face - "jiwoo knows my house because we've been groupmates before, so that's good already?" he smiled sweetly, "see you tomorrow!" wooyoung lastly said before dashing back to where he came from.

huh, weird, it almost feels like my group and wooyoung's group are meant to be together. is it because of kyunghee and mingi?

"oh, shit." i suddenly cursed out loud, covering my mouth with my hand in realization, "seonghwa won't be there, right?" i mumbled to myself, continuing to make my way in the hall with both hands on the backpack straps. but mingi will be there, i randomly thought - no wait, i've been thinking about mingi ever since.. earlier. weird.

"we just kissed indirectly."

i shook my head aggresively. hyerin, stop! stop being so flustered over- that- thing. it's not like you like mingi or whatever!

..... or whatever.