nine

i'd say that i'm.. a little out of my mind today. we're done eating the amazing food and it was just chill time, the sun is down, and everybody is gathered in the backyard. we're all sitting in a circle, like we had campfire in the middle, except it's just a fluorescent lamp to make things dramatic.

wooyoung finally walked in the circle with a bottle in his hand. nope, not alcohol, it's an empty bottle, and we all agreed to play spin the bottle to make things fun before we all go home.

my shoulders brushed with seonghwa for the nth time today, he's actually sitting next to me right now, and i have tzuyu on the other side while kyunghee and mingi are sitting next to each other in front of us in the circle. what a view i'd say, but i'm kind of used to that now. so no big deal, i guess?

jongho spun the bottle around and it pointed at shuhua, yuqi's girlfriend who tagged along. fun fact, she's classmates with jongho, so jongho questioned her, "who do you think is the best-looking here?" jongho asked, pointing at him and his friends. shuhua smiled cheekily, then looked up at yuqi with angel eyes, "song yuqi." she answered.

the boys were disappointed but also surprised. a part of me wished that i was allowed to do that with seonghwa too, but for now, sitting next to each other is the most we could have happening between us..? shuhua's turn to spin the bottle, and it was pointed to kyunghee, i felt nervous. i hope nothing goes wrong today. being with mingi's group just gives me a feeling that the cheesecake incident will be spoiled. please, no.

"do you have feelings for mingi there, beside you?" shuhua asked. and for a weird reason, i looked at mingi to see his reaction, and he looked at me too.

why'd he look at me?

"who knows?" kyunghee answered coolly, mingi's friends started laughing, then she spun the bottle as soon as she finished saying that. i hope it points at seonghwa, i just hope, but i don't really know why.

the bottle then pointed at seonghwa. my prayers have been answered, wow.

"ohhhh, god." hongjoong said. i got excited because kyunghee's eyes pierced seonghwa's, but seonghwa wasn't losing, he looked back with a little confident smirk. "ask." he said, then kyunghee rolled her eyes.

"why are you sitting beside hyerin?" she asked, everybody started covering their mouths from the question. i kind of saw it coming but i had to keep myself calm and not overreact. before answering, seonghwa and i made eye contact. pit-pat. "she's cute. and i'm single now." he answered;

like a fucking god.

"WHAT?!" mina yelled, i leaned in closer to tzuyu from the shock, then i covered my face, my face is burning. "you mean.. you want to date hyerin??" san asked, being the typical curious cat he is. i uncovered my face to see seonghwa looking at me, "one questions per spin." he replied coolly. then he started to spin the bottle.

it pointed to yunho and seonghwa asked, "who do you like most from the girls?" — yunho looked at me straight after that question then pointed at me, "hyerin seems cool." he said half-assed, like he's bored with the question. but dang i didn't expect him to say my name, i thought he would say tzuyu because she's the most famous one around us. yunho spun the bottle and it pointed to mingi.

mingi? i forgot he existed because i was too busy thinking about seonghwa and i, but he's actually here. "who do you like most in the girls?" yunho asked, and i got a little nervous because i thought he'd answer with my name since (i think) we're a teenie tiny bit closer than he is with kyunghee.

"kyunghee." he answered straightforwardly. and i felt a little offended, but oh well, i'm still busy thinking about seonghwa and i if we (hopefully) start dating. mingi then spun the bottle, and it surprisingly pointed.. to me.

i hope he doesn't ask anything weird, but jugding just by the way he's looking at me, i guess he has no idea what to ask. almost like he isn't curious about anything. but he finally had an idea — "what's your favorite drink?" he asked.

"booooring." the girls said, and the boys started boo-ing him with the question. i'd boo him too but i was busy thinking about my favorite drink, "any coffee drink, i guess?" i answered. deep inside, i wished he would ask something really meaningful and hard to answer, but telling him my favorite drink was easy as heck.

"stay safe on your way home!" wooyoung's mom told us and we all thanked her for everything today. i walked alone at the back of my group, since naeun took the opposite street, i looked at kyunghee and mingi, they're walking together. again.

"should we stop by the convenience store?" jongho asked everyone. some said they weren't going but most of the drama people had agreed to come, and that includes me, seonghwa, mingi, kyunghee, yunho, yuqi and shuhua.

we reached the 7-11 and walked inside. i didn't have money and there was an open table so i sat on the bench instead and waited for them to finish buying their food. yunho sat in front of me for whatever reason, "we're both broke, huh?" he brought up, and i just nodded without even looking at him, he didn't talk again after that because we just watched the outside view while waiting. not long after, everybody got their stuff and we walked out of the place.

seonghwa came over and walked beside me, i just looked at him with my brows raised, "hey." he greeted with a shy? kind of smile? "hey." i greeted back, my hands on my sweater pockets. he had his hands on his back as if he was hiding something from me, but i guess that's just how he walks?

"give me your hand." he told me, still having the cute little smile of his. i raised my brows, does he want to hold hands? no way, right?— i offered my one hand and asked, "why?" and then he showed that he was holding two coffee boxes. "it's for you." he said. my head went blank.

pit-pat.

"y-you're giving me.." seonghwa put one box on my hand then poked the straw in, "this?" i finished my question. then he nodded, poking a straw on his own coffee box. "yep." he answered, taking a sip, then adding — "you said coffee's your favorite drink." with a smile.

a/n: 100 reads!! thank you very much everyone uwu