twenty

"it's still surreal." i whisper to kyunghee, keeping every word silent since we don't want anyone hearing about it, but we had to keep talking in class while i kept glancing over to our biology teacher to see if she's watching us but she's just looking at the others' papers, phew.

well, mingi's feelings aren't the only thing that shocked the heck out of me yesterday, it was also that kyunghee's actually related to seonghwa, and kyunghee doesn't like mingi even a bit ever since the start — like, well, that's what she says. i really doubt it but i guess i can't force her to say anything, since her shell's the hardest to break out of all of us.

kyunghee shushed me because she noticed the teacher walking near, i continued answering my graph but my brain was flying in a different galaxy. because who the heck is going to get over this fast? like? all this? sounds like that one anime series— and we can say that mingi's lie was on november or something.

i glanced at mingi to see his face expression. now, everything feels different, and i see the world in a whole new perspective. while having these thoughts in my head, i only realized that i was still looking at mingi for a few seconds now because he looked back with a blank expression.

what a trickster, i thought, because seeing how good he is at acting, and to the point that he lies to me at valentine's day to keep things confusing. "hey." mingi whispered, which i figured but couldn't hear. he gave a really warm smile and i smiled back, not on purpose. i looked away when our teacher got in between our view — saying, "focus on your work, everybody." making me chuckle to myself as i look back at my paper. everything makes perfect sense now.

i always wondered if mingi was looking at me instead of kyunghee during class hours, but i doubted it everytime because i just assumed i had bad eyesight so i couldn't see it clearly. and it thankfully turns out to actually be me — the person he always looks at. i always wondered why we would always catch glances at each other more often than i see him looking at kyunghee.

everything's so different if i try to look back. i wish i had a replay button and go back, relive those moments having known he's been around me not because he needs me to be cupid with him and my best friend, but because he wanted to know me — and wanted me close.

being carried like a bride and having an indirect kiss, it was all planned beforehand.

"h-hey, hyerin." mingi approached me and my friends in the hallway, i looked up at his face whilst all my friends started hyping up the scene, do they know? mingi averted his gaze away before speaking up, "remember that fishcake stand when it rained?" he asked, completely right on timing because we're currently standing on the same spot he left me with kyunghee. right. he left that day and broke my heart to make me realize that i needed him.

"yeah." i answered shortly, just to have my fun, then kyunghee pushed me over to mingi, knowing that my sensitive ass would have me overdo the action, and there i was, bumping onto mingi. "oh—" mingi quickly responded to the accident, then he kept his distance, being careful as he lightly pushes me back on my feet.

"sorry, it was jiwoo." kyunghee excused herself with a smile, then speeding up with the others as they leave me and mingi alone, "hey!" i yelled at them in the distance, but they just ignored me. so i had to talk to mingi, thinking, he likes me. and i know it. and i'm not even bragging about it. "hey, um. so—" mingi spoke, i gulped on my saliva and my heart started beating fast.

"y-you wanna go there today?" i asked him, and we both scratched the back of our heads, which i found amusing, so i laughed, and he did so too. bro.. we laughed at the same!! my eyes slightly widened after laughing at the synchronization, we then both let out a giggle, which made me really shy.

"yeah," mingi answered, whilst my cheeks already felt like burning. i looked away then nodded, "sure." i smiled, then started walking. and he did so too, catching up to me, then walking at the same pace.

this is so awkward. if i didn't know about his feelings, then this would just be bugging me. i also wouldn't be appreciating how (slightly) nervous he is around me, since i always found it to be just annoying. because, man, i thought he and i hung out only because he's thankful for me helping him out. 'cause bro, i partly did it because i liked his presence, and second, because he blackmailed me with the cheesecake incident.

before i knew it, i was just passively making my way to the stand, and we already made it here, that's how busy my thoughts are! and yes, the fishcake seller gave us a wide smile like back to that day, "you two are back!" she cheerfully greeted us. i give her a smile and mingi responds with picking up a stick, smiling.

of course mingi had the idea to give me nostalgia here, since he still has no freaking clue that i know everything. i also picked up a fishcake stick like he did and started blowing the heat out of it, then taking a bite. "ah, that's good." i say my thoughts out loud. i look at mingi but he was too busy eating his food to reply.

mingi felt my eyes on him so he looked back, and i had to look away because i didn't want to seem like a weirdo. "i guess you two are dating now," the seller tells us. i look at her with my heart racing as i exclaim, "no, ma'am!" like a mother trucking soldier.

mingi didn't respond and instead just looked away from me. i wanted to see his face but he was too tall for that, so i just had to struggle with myself and imagine how his thoughts are running (like all the time). the lady chuckled as i finish my stick, "it must be complicated, then.." she says, in a lower voice, but still audible to mingi.

i pursed my lips because i got embarrassed, then i slowly nodded at her, "yes.." i spoke in mute volume.

a/n: wow my writing is messy— i hope it doesn't confuse you guys ㅠㅠ