The Yes/No Game | Smokescreen x Femme!Reader

BumbleBee saw Jack and Miko playing something called the yes/no game back on Earth. He hadasked Jack what the rules were that day and wanted to play it with Smokescreen but he never got around to it.

So now here they were, on Cybertron, and Bee remembered.

"Smokescreen! Hey!" BumbleBee walked over to him with a bright smile.

"Hey, Bee! What's up?" Smokescreen smiled back with a wave.

"I just remembered something that I think would be fun. Back on Earth Jack and Miko were playing something called the yes/no game. I wanna play it with you," Bee said and Smokescreen hummed.

"Is it a challenge?"

Bee nodded with a grin and said, "oh yeah."

"Then I'm in. How do you play?" Smokey chuckled and stretched his servos out.

"Basically, one of us has to say yes all day and the other has to say no. So whenever someone asks you a question, you have to say yes or no depending on which one you get," Bee explained to his friend.

"How do you know which you have to say?"

"Jack and Miko did that human game, rock, paper, scissors," Bee said and Smokey nodded.

"I love that game! Y/n and I play it all the time!" He chuckled lightly and Bee smiled.

"So winner gets yes, loser gets no," Bee said and they played best two out of three, Bee being the victor.

"Alright so you have to yes all day and I have to say no all day," Smokescreen said and Bee nodded.

"Yes," Bee nodded and they both chuckled.

"Alright, let's do this!" Smokescreen was pumped to complete this challenge.

🔵🟡⚪🟡🔵

Y/n was drawing on a data pad while she laid on her bed.

Wheeljack was over and saw her drawing Smokescreen. He chuckled lightly and she looked up.

"So you still have a thing for the kid?" Jackie grinned at her blush.

"Y-yeah..." Y/n bit her lip as she looked at her drawing. "But I think he may like me back! I just haven't gotten up the courage to say anything," Y/n said and Jackie hummed.

"Do it today. I'll go with you!"

"I could, I'm gonna see him in a bit anyway. You'll be there so I won't do it alone," she said. Her spark swelled as she thought about Smokescreen. She really thought that he liked her back.

"I'll definitely be there to record you screwing up and him ending up asking you instead," Wheeljack laughed and she blushed.

"I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna go right now!"

🔵🟡⚪🟡🔵

Y/n and Jackie went to the station and found BumbleBee.

"Bee, do you know where Smokescreen is?"

"Yes, he's out on patrol," Bee said as he got ready to go out as well.

"Alright, so when is he off today?"

"In a few hours," Bee replied and she sighed.

"Looks like I'm waiting here for a few hours," Y/n said and Wheeljack sat down with her.

They left to get some energon after a bit and when they came back Smokescreen was there.

Y/n gulped and walked up to him.

"Smokey, can I have a minute to talk to alone?"

"No," Smokey said and she frowned.

"Okay, then right here I guess. It's important," she said as she grabbed his servo. He looked at her and she felt herself freeze up. She looked at Wheeljack and breathed before looking back at Smokescreen.

"Smokescreen, I really really like you and I'm taking a chance but would you please go out with me?"

Smokescreen froze, almost saying yes. He had dreamed about this moment for years but he couldn't say yes. He had to beat this competition.

'I can just explain it to her and tell her that I don't want to say no but I have to!"

"No." He said and Y/n felt her spark break.

"O-okay... I understand..." Y/n darted before he could explain, Jack following her quickly, and he went to go after her but his lieutenant called.

"No... I do want to..." Smokescreen watched her go before he was called again so he had to go to his lieutenant.

🔵🟡⚪🟡🔵

Y/n went home without stopping and tried so hard not to cry but she couldn't help it.

"N/n... I'm sorry..." Jackie sat beside her and hugged her tightly.

"I really thought he liked me back... I was foolish... I just really wanted to be with him... he's everything I've ever wanted..." She cried into Wheeljack's chassis and he rubbed her backstruts.

Smokescreen had commed Bee and told him what happened in a panic.

Bee went to Y/n's place immediately since Smokescreen was stuck at work.

BumbleBee came in and ran to Y/n.

"N/n!" He hugged her and she frowned.

"Now's not a good time, Bee," Wheeljack said and Bee nodded.

"I know, Smokey sent me. You didn't let him explain. I challenged him to a game of yes/no so he has to say no even if he wants to say yes. He really wanted to say yes and he was gonna tell you that he didn't want to say no but you left before he could," Bee explained and Y/n looked at him in surprise. "He asked me to explain because he was stuck at-"

"Y/N!" Smokescreen ran up to her room. "I came as soon as I could!"

"Well, he was stuck at work..." Bee said and Y/n looked at Smokescreen.

"I'm so sorry! I-"

"No, I'm sorry. Bee explained it to me. I shouldn't have run off as fast as I did," she said as she got up and hugged him.

"Well then. No, I would love to go out with you," Smokey smiled and kissed her forehelm.

She giggled and blushed.

"Do you wanna play the yes side tomorrow?" Bee asked and Smokescreen looked at him.

"No!"

"Yes he does! Then he'll have no choice but to spend the day with me!" Y/n said with a giggle.

Wheeljack chuckled and shook his helm. "Are you happy now, N/n?"

"Yes, yes I am," she said and pulled Smokescreen into a kiss.