Chapter 3 | The Gucci Store Is Right Over There

'Dear Mr

'Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1.'

He was a wizard. The thought sent shivers down his spine
Ever since he had gotten his letter Harry reread it until he was able to recall it in his sleep. An actual proof he was special, different and better then all those children who tormented his every breath in that house. He had known he was different before the letter, of course. His abilities were... exquisite to say the least. He recalled levitating a man and slamming him against a brick wall after he tried to stab Harry in some back ally. The sound of breaking bones had never been quite as satisfying.

After meeting the headmaster -Dumbledore... was it? - he and Amare talked throughout the whole night. The conversation with him, although brief, was very much impactful.
His name was not Harry Emrys but Harry Potter, which bothered him more than he cared to admit. It seemed like everything he had known about himself was, in one way or another, wrong.

For starters, his parents wanted him. They loved him. It seemed like the hole in his chest grew three times its size, trying to suffocate him. The never ending feeling of abandonment had never felt as strong as in those moments. What wouldn't he give to feel the love of his parents, to go to them when he is in need of advice, for them to help him. But the warm hand of Amare grounded him, reminding him of a different home and a different family.
And there was also the fame problem. He was famous, which was.... well he still didn't know what to think of it, since he was so used to being practically invisible. But he did know that the first thing on his list, once he got to Diagon Ally, was to find some information considering his past. The answers Dumbledore presented him were less than satisfactory.

So much to think about. So much to do.
They were laying on his soft bed facing each other, hands intertwined, the moonlight illuminating the room ."We have to get to Diagon Ally as fast as possible" he whispered, the sound barely heard.

Turned out 'as fast as possible' had been the next day. Mr. Ratcliffe gave them one of his credit cards and Amare ordered her driver to take them to the address Albus gave them. They wore their best casual clothes, wanting to make a good first impression. Harry put on black jeans and a red Ralph Lauren polo shirt, styling his hair to cover most of his scar. Amare wore one of her beautiful grey dresses which made her look even more doll like, her long black hair carefully braided.

"We need a plan" said Amare,as they sat in the black Volkswagen, a soundproof glass divider hiding the conversation from the driver ,"How do we act?"

Harry looked up from his phone, and smirked at the girl.

"We can always be ourselves"

"Please, don't make me laugh" she rolled her eyes "I think we need to attract as little attention as possible"