Chapter 6 | Flare for the Dramatics

"Potter, Harry"

"Potter, Harry"

Harry stayed in his place for a second, letting the whispers dance around the tables. He caught some of them- "Potter, did she say?", "The Harry Potter?". Seemingly even the teachers were curious, scanning the crowd of first years, trying to catch a glimpse of him, their eyes missing him each time. He smirked and started to move forward, slowly, confidently. The whispers died out and the hall was cast into complete and utter silence, hundreds of eyes following his every breath. Glancing at the teachers, he saw confusion written all over their faces. Did they expect to see someone else? Someone who grew up starved and neglected? Who would look with wander at the Grand Hall and drink up each word they said? Harry locked eyes with Dumbledore, and grinned.

The last thing he had seen before professor McGonagall dropped the hat over his eyes, was the intense stare of Amare, as if saying 'follow the plan'.

He waited until a voice filled his mind like smoke- loud and quite at the same time, as far away from him as it was close.

...How unexpected....

'Well hello to you too'

...It has been ages since I last saw a mind like yours... How very difficult...

'You flatter me. I'm guessing you have already seen what I am planning'

A second passed- ...Yes...

'And will you help us? Will you put me where I have to be?'

...But a different house would suit you more... Slytherin will help you achieve greatness...Oh yes... It will feed your ambitious... Don't you want to be great?...

'Neither of the houses would make me great. But- am I right suspecting that you already knew that?'

The voice chuckled, like burning cigarettes - ...And to think he wanted to test you...

'Test me?'

...Be careful Mr. Emrys ... He has eyes all over the castle... even his own personal bat... he will follow your every step... you mustn't trip...not even once...

'Trust me, I am not planning to'

...To trust you... would be like to trust the rope around your neck to save you... but alas... I fear many would make such a mistake...

'Mmm. I'm afraid I must bid you farewell. You know what to do.'

...Goodbye Mr. Emrys... and may we meet again...