Chapter 11 | His Darkness

   "'Hogsmeade Village, or simply called Hogsmeade, is the only all-wizarding village in Britain. It was founded by Hengist of Woodcroft.' Humm...Oh, how fascinating! Hogsmeade served as the wizards' headquarters during a goblin rebellion in- Harry are you listening?"

"Wha- Of course." Amare rolled her eyes and continued reading through Hogwarts, A History. The couple used the most anticipated Quidditch match of the year as a cover to sneak into the nearby village for the day, since neither cared much for the sport.

They strolled the pastoral streets and watched the many lovely small wizarding shops, pointing out occasionally interesting artifacts. Harry had been surprised to find a branch of Ollivander's shop there, and excitedly stood at the display window of Dogweed and Deathcap, watching the different plants presented. Amare almost ran towards J. Pippin's Potions shop and dragged Harry behind her, only to get distracted halfway by Tomes and Scrolls and the many books inside.

The weather was getting better and better as the school year progressed and Harry had been very pleased by the sun beams painting the village golden. He watched, smiling, as Amare closed her eyes and simply enjoyed the warmth, the first sign of freckles showing on her delicate nose.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked, keeping her eyes closed. They stood near one of the fences at the edge of Hogsmeade, the trees casting funny shadows on the ground.

"You, the stone, our plan." He simply said, his gaze never leaving her, "It has been a very packed year." She smiled wide, her teeth shining like pearls.

"It has been, hasn't it? Pity we couldn't spend all our time together." Harry looked to the side, his stomach twisting ever so slightly. He preferred watching the newly bloomed flowers shifting slightly at the breeze, no matter that not even the prettiest rose could compare to the beautiful girl next to him.

"Well, you have your new friends to entertain, and I have you to myself during the summer."

"What are you going to do with the stone, once you get it?" She changed the subject, no doubt present in her voice at Harry's abilities to overcome any obstacle in his way.

"Keep it, store it. I'm sure I will find what to do with it in the future." He shrugged. They stood in calm silence for a couple more minutes, simply enjoying the moment. Harry felt slightly melancholic, as he watched a family of kittens ran past them and into the woods. It had been quite some time since he last looked through his parents' photo album. He feared the day he would become as old as they were. He feared mulling over what they would have thought about what he had done.

He could feel it, the darkness. It was calling to him, whispering pleasantries in his ears at night. The faces of the Slytherins after he had branded Marcus were fresh in his mind. Fear- that was what he saw. What a strange emotion. Once there it was very difficult to remove- like a stain. They watched, their eyes full of it. They moved through the halls with a certain air of concern, looking over their shoulder. He didn't blame them.