Chapter 4 | Bad Taste

"You were in there for four hours, I'm hungry, and we probably won't find anything better here

"You were in there for four hours, I'm hungry, and we probably won't find anything better here."

"I am not eating in a place called 'The Chosen One'"

"Well why not!"

"Because I am the chosen one! The fact this place even exists is fu-

"Would you like to order?"

Amare looked up from her own menu and smiled at the waitress. She was short and chubby, with what looked like the worst sense of style. Not that she could compere, of course, everyone there looked like a badly written fiction movie.

"One lightning fudge please"

Harry continued stubbornly looking out the window.

"And for you...?"

Feeling a sharp pain in his foot, he rewarded Amare with a look that could kill.

"Onesaviorsmeal..."

"Excuse me I haven't hea-"

"One savior's meal please"

He could swear he saw the waitress giggling as she walked to the kitchens.

"You are one horrible human being" he hissed, clearly betrayed.

"Oh stop with the drama and tell me" leaning closer " what happened with the goblins"

And that he did. It took him half an hour to explain everything that went down, especially focusing on his heritage and the vaults, showing her his rings as she exclaimed excitedly.

"You know, "Amare took a bite of her fudge, which unfortunately for Harry ,lived up to the name- the fudge was shaped like a lightning emoji, which really wasn't how the scar looked like. "I'm not surprised you are the heir to Merlin"

"Mmm"

"The fact he exists is..." she shrugged noncommittally.

"Yes...but think of all the power the name holds, what I can achieve with just a simple introduction. Imagine what our combined status allows us to do"

"But what do you want to do?"

Harry didn't answer. What did he want to achieve? Revenge? Power?

"I guess" he slowly said" we just have to wait and see"

She finished her meal but Harry's was left untouched. "We should probably get on with the shopping, it's getting late and I still don't have a wand"

***

"First-year students will require: Uniform, Three Sets of Plain Work Robes, One Pair of Protective Gloves, One Winter Cloak ... I think..." She looked up, concentrating" yeah this is the place, 'Madame Malkins Robes for All Occasions'".