Chapter 5 | That's The Charm

Harry loved watching Amare practice ballet

There was something in her movement, in the way her hands lay so delicately, her feet so strong.

And she was good. Really good.

Her father forced her to pick it up at a very young age, saying that a girl of her statues should move accordingly. And she did. Of course she did. She had to, that's what's her father was like. Everything he demanded had to be done, and not even his own daughter could ran away from him. And it's not that she didn't love him. No, she did. He did everything for her, each command, each punishment- all for her.

Harry could respect his devotion to power and success. Nothing could stop Mr. Ratcliffe, and people did try. Funny people, who could not see the bigger picture, who were blind to their own insignificance.

And Harry did like watching Amare dance. Because behind every movement, and every spin there was a silent promise of caged power, taunting the viewer to come closer, but god help them all when it finally breaks free.

***

"Did you finish packing?"

"Just a second- "

"Harry!" Amare stormed into his room," we are going to be late!"

He looked at his watch "nah, we have thirty minutes spare"

"But! We have to make a good impression- meet new children!"

"And we will, now can you please help me I can't find my Transfiguration book"

The first of September was pure chaos. Well, as chaotic as Ratcliffe household allowed it to be. It mostly consisted of Amare speaking in a high voice and Harry forgetting were he put his belongings.

Over the past few weeks they studied nonstop everything available about the new world which was shown to them. They read about wizarding customs, how to interact with 'purebloods'- as the book called those special few which were descants of old wizarding families, which houses were in Hogwarts and what they meant, and even different shopping centers around England. Amare urged Harry to read their textbooks, claiming they had to be prepared for anything the teachers might throw their way, but he knew better- Amare, deep down, was the biggest nerd he had ever had the pleaser of meeting, and her grades at school had to be perfect. During the two years they had gone to school together he found her more than once learning their textbooks by heart, and most of her free time was spent doing extra work.

Harry was shocked to discover himself in 'Modern Magical History', 'The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts' and even in 'Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century'. It was quite invidious how the wizarding community painted the night of Voldemort's defeat, as if it had been the happies night in many years, as if a child had not been left orphaned. Reading about the Dark Lord's views he disappointedly found them to be quite lacking. The notion that wizards like Amare or Harry were worse simply because they weren't purebloods, was hilariously idiotic, and he wandered if many others thought the same. Never mind, he was going to show them different.