The journey

I would absolutely love it if you could read my note at the end. You!,yes you!😁. Let's take off

..

      "A condition?"

     "We must get to see the house you're working at and see your employers too",Martha's mum replied, smiling.

      Please don't kill me yet😂

       "No problem mum. I'll put a call through at the call center right away", I replied,jumping excitedly, a big smile plastering my face

       " Thanks mum,thanks dad. I love you both very much". I said again,this time almost squeezing the life out of them.

          Their smiles were all I saw after releasing them before dashing out through the door

       ****************
      The night before my departure to Lagos to start my job was the night of intense prayers as mother put it. She offered prayers in the name of several gods and then finally directed it to a bigger God who she said,lives in heaven.

         Leaving was not as easy as I thought as the excitement had worn off completely the morning of the slated day

       "Martha,hurry up now. You don't want to keep the young man waiting, do you? Besides, the journey is quite far,not to talk about the bad roads,here and there", my dad said,raising his voice a little

       That was enough warning to make me stop dragging my feet and carry my ghana-must-go bags outside. They had been purchased a day previous from the store opposite our house and the preference of such bags compared to the rest was that they were twice the size of others and were relatively cheap.

         Almost as soon as we were done loading the bags in the boot, mum came out with a super filled bag. The looks on my father's face could kill.

          " What is this one again bayii? What exactly have you packed in this bag. Does she want to go to open a store over there?"

         "Ha ha,Daddy Martha, I just put few foodstuffs for her foster parents and other personal things for her so she won't be stranded ni o..That's all.", she replied, retying her loose wrapper.

       " Well, she's not taking this bag. We already have packed what we'll be giving to them. We have to be on our way, time is not on our side"

         "Don't bother ma, she won't even be needing most of the items she packed. I'll send your regards to them. Your daughter will be fine", Timi said,looking sympathetically at my mum

     Finally,it was time to go. The neighbours had gathered round, speculating and gossiping. Children were not left out as they stared at the car in awe.

         Mum drew me into a bosom for a tight hug and sniffed and for a long time we remained like that until we heard dad's throat clear. He seemed to be growing impatient as seconds rolled by. She finally released me and said the last words of prayers and advice

      " May the good Lord go with you. Remember the daughter of whom you are and write to me as soon as you can. Remember all you have learnt and apply them as you're faced with life"

       "I will,mama. I'll write to you as soon as I can too"

      I walked slowly towards the car,expecting another word of advice which never came. The byes were too painful to say ad we figured out we were better off without it.

        With my dad seated already in the front seat,I made way to settle at the back of the car. The car finally got  ignited and the engine roared back to life. And soon after,all I could see was children running after the vehicle,screaming as they did and a pillar of dust that made it difficult for me to see my mum through it.

This was equally short. I felt that another chapter should continue from here. I inwardly cringed when I reviewed the previous chapters. Thanks a lot for sticking with the story so far. I'm going to take it off for editing the moment I'm done.
        So,today happens to be @tifetobi 's birthday. Happy birthday once again baby girl.
         If you're reading this right now,please do well to message me. I really want to meet you. Tell me your name,fun facts about you,how the lockdown has been in your respective countries and your birthday and I'll be sure to remember to wish you.
       Let's remember to keep safe during this period and not entertain fear. We'll pull through this,I'm sure.
       Till next time guys.