I Am Pregnant!

This also is dedicated to olakukay

Thanks for the comment and vote!

*******

Nonso finally resumed after few weeks. My relief knew no bounds as I dreamt freedom finally.

However, I started falling ill shortly after. And because I was not part of the NHIS plan of the family, the norm was for them to get me antimalarial drugs. Usually, it always was malaria that had to be treated.

There was no reason for them to believe otherwise this time except that the malaria didn't seem to cure.

"It's been seven days since you started this medicine, Martha and you don't seem to be doing well. I think you need to go to the hospital oh", Mrs. Obi observed as she sat on the bed I laid on feeling my temperature.

" Go to bed. I'm taking you to the hospital tomorrow. Okay? "

"Yes ma", I replied, tucking myself further into the blanket, shivering as I did so.

*****
I managed to get into the bathroom the following day and got dressed. Mrs. Obi guided me into the car and drove to the hospital.

The tests were concluded and we were asked to come back the following day

" Ma'am, I'm afraid to say, this young lady is pregnant "

I felt the shock from the deep pits of my abdomen. The heat spread through my body like wild flames. At the same time,I felt really cold,like I was doused with ice water

Mrs. Obi turned to stare at me in shock and disgust

"Can you see your life? You act as a saint and beneath it,this is what you do? After everything I do for you, Martha. Tell me, how much did you sell yourself?"

"Is she deaf?. Who did you sleep with?"

"Ma'am,please you need to be calm. This is not what she needs right now. She needs all the care,love and support she can get"

I fell to the ground as she slapped me hard

"Ngbo? You need love,ehn?
Are you mad?,can't you talk?"

"Madam please take it easy. I understand your agitation but you have to handle this diplomatically. As a matter of fact,she needs to start antenatal as soon as possible."

"Can you see your life? If you're not interested in sleeping here tonight, meet me in the car before I drive out. Otherwise...", she said,pointing her accusing finger

I picked myself slowly from the ground. Flashes of hurt,pains and shame took turns to torment me.

Bowing my head in shame,my eyes secreting tears heavily. I trailed after her slowly

" Please take it easy ma'am".....

NHIS-- National Health Insurance Scheme
Ngbo--Did you hear?

Sometimes, it takes someone to have walked the same path to understand what the another person feels. Sometimes, it doesn't.
In whatever way, it takes just goodwill and understanding to treat others well. And that,all humans should possess.

Stay safe y'all..
Vote,comment and share..