Judgement

The journey back home was a silent one. Tears kept streaming down my face as I sniffed severally to keep the mucus that was threatening to escape my nose in.

As soon as we got back, I heard a cold voice void of emotions

"Pack all your things to a corner in your room immediately"

"Ma,ma,ma....", I stuttered, now very much afraid of my fate

" You heard me. We'll talk when my husband returns from work but for now,do exactly what I told you to do and leave my sight", she replied, this time,with so much disgust for me.

I nodded tiredly as I turned to go into my room,bowing my head as though one straight look would rain hailstones on me

Evening finally came and Mr. Obi and madam came to my room. I doubt if dinner was served that day,and if it was, I guess I was so disgusting to have been called to cook or even eat.

Tiredness had consumed me to the extent that I couldn't figure out what they intended to say to me by the looks on their faces

"One question, Martha and I want you to answer as prompt as you can. Who impregnated you?", Mr. Obi finally asked, breaking the rather too grave silence

" I..I'm go...going to b..be.."

"Would you answer the question and stop stammering? You better answer on time before I kill you with my bare hands", Mrs. Obi said, anger extremely laced in her voice

Another threat of murder! I guess Nonso inherited the ability to kill from his mother. My hairs stood as I shivered unconsciously.

" Would you let me handle this and stop interrupting? ", Mr. Obi replied, fully facing her. It was evident he was losing patience now.

" Who impregnated you, Martha? ", he asked again,facing me again

" I'm going to die if I tell you sir. He's going to kill me"

"Is this girl crazy? Dear,this is all pretence oo. Let's see if I wouldn't be the one to kill you first. Idiot"

"Who is going to kill you?", Mr. Obi asked,completely ignoring his wife

" Hi..,him sir"

"Who is he? Does he have a name? You're safe,talk to me"

"You see my dear,I'm sure she is not sure of who got her pregnant because she was obviously hopping from one riffraff to another. She's only pretending."

"No ma,please I swear..."

"Will you shut up?, you whore", she literally screamed

"My dear, I think she has to go back home. I can not host a promiscuous and pregnant young teen in my house. Besides,she going to influence our children negatively. So the earlier she leaves,the better oo", she continued.

"I think I'm going to contact her father tomorrow", he finally said

"That is good o. But please ensure she is in her way back home before you cal her father because I don't want any pleas. She has to leave as soon as possible. Ojo ti a ba n ribi, Ni ibi n wole o"

"We'll see how it goes", he replied,as he finally walked out of the room...

Those words in highlighted in bold fonts is a Yoruba adage and it literally means " It's the day that we see evil that we ensure that it is buried.

Another update is coming up soon