The Real Beginning

I was enrolled in school the week after and subsequently got used to the new way of living.

      For some chores, I learnt easily.  The typical day entailed; waking up at 5:00am, saying my prayers, going ahead to heat water for bath and tea, cooking breakfast and waking the children (more like teens), and getting dressed for school.

      For some chores,they were easy to learn,others however, were a bit challenging and few proved to be extremely difficult. One of which was learning how to cook dishes which were completely different from those i was used to. Either ways, I learnt to perfect them over time with the regular scoldings.

       The eldest of the kids, Nonso was a little above 17years old,well older than me
       The second, Chika was 12 while the last was 8 years old.

       School went smoothly, I was able to improve each term until I was one of top three brightest students in class. I sent letters home frequently and they did so in turn too. Holidays came and I was allowed to go home each time as earlier agreed upon. Everything seemed fine, well until I got to Ss3 and was preparing for my final exams

        Silence
A long  sigh*

     "Mum,what happened when you got to SS3?"Raymond asked, curiosity washing his features

       " Hmm, that,my son, is where the story begins", she replied, sighing deeply again.

      At that time, Nonso had secured admission into the university and only came home on holidays. This particular holiday however, seemed different.

       He bought a lot of gifts for his sisters,as usual but thus time,he got for me too which was quite strange. Thanking him profusely was all I thought was right to do and I did just that.

      Few days later,he started smiling exaggeratedly to me and complimented me on my "newly found beauty" as he called it. Of course, the development made me very joyous as I started to stare at the mirror for longer hours at any opportunity I got. My confidence was boosted and I subsequently went for debate competitions with even more wins. We subsequently became really close.

       Days rolled by and the longer we talked,the lesser he looked at my face the whole time. His gaze was always fixed on my breasts and it often took several throat clears to get him looking back at my face and grinning mischievously. It seemed uncomfortable after a while but I kept waving it off, giving excuses for him.

       Soon after,the annual camp meeting in the church they attended was fixed and as the tradition of the house, they all went together and left me to take care of the house. They had all gushed about it, Chika and her sister not forgetting to remind me of the normal things they do and how they get to meet new people. I had also planned to cover more grounds since my exams were fast approaching.

       Alas, the evening before the scheduled day turned to be the turning point as Nonso became mysteriously sick and strongly declined going to the hospital. His mum therefore, resorted to self medication and he was advised to remain at home. An advice he eagerly took.

          The day came and with Nonso even seeming to be feeling worse, we were left alone in the house

      As usual, the regular instructions came
         "Be careful with the gas"
          "Don't go out"
          "Make sure you lock all doors"
          "Charge your phone regularly"
     And an extra instruction;
           "Take care of Nonso".

I hope we all had a wonderful Easter celebration. Well,I did.
      I really want to converse with my readers. Send me a message, tell me his the lockdown has been, your birthday, fun facts about you and much more! It's going to be fun. Don't you think? The first person to do that gets a chapter dedication.
       The first person to comment also gets a chapter dedication.
     I can promise that updates will be more regular and this book will be completed by the end of April by God's grace.
     So, vote,comment,share
     Keep safe
     Till next time guys