Winter Vacation

I was all packed up and ready to go back home for winter vacation. After all the event that happened last night I hardly got any sleep. I don't think crying myself to sleep counts. Thank god for he layers of clothes I'm wearing other wise people might notice. I'm currently four months pregnant with Shoto's child and it looks like I'm on my own. This is going to be my first break without Shoto.

I feel myself tearing up. I need to stop thinking about the negative. I need to focus. I'm going to see my mom again and All Might is going to be joining us. I go inside to look for All Might when I see Todoroki helping Momo with her things. I quickly turn around hoping they didn't see me. This is going to be harder than I thought.

I finally find All Might and we set off to my mom's house. I apparently fell asleep on the way because when I awoke I was in my bed. But there was something different. My mom had put a bunch of baby items -clothes, bottles, cleaning supplies-. I smiled to myself. I lift up my hoodie and rub my belly.

Although they can't quite hear me yet, I whisper in my best motherly voice, "I can't wait to meet you little one. You're going to have so many people that love you."

I smile to myself. Every time I feel that my life is going wrong I just think of my future child. I'm glad I didn't turn back. If I were male, this wouldn't be possible. I've never thought about having a child of my own since I was focused solely on becoming the no. 1 hero, but since I've got it all planned out there's room for possibility. I know there are risks involved with becoming a hero and a parent. If something happens to me I would never be able to forgive myself.

I walk out of my room into the main area. My mom comes running up to me: wrapping me in a tight hug.

"M-mom don't forget about the baby?"

She immediately pulls back.

"Oh my gosh I so sorry honey. I almost forgot. May I?" She asks.

"Of course, you're my mom," I say.

I took off my hoodie and lift up my shirt to reveal my somewhat little baby bump. My mom begins to tear up and she places her hand on it.

"I haven't seen you since your transformation. Let me take a look at you."

She cups her hands on my face. She studies it while struggling to hold back tears.

"I can't believe this is my baby boy. You make such a beautiful girl Izuku. And I'll bet your daughter will be a beautiful combination of you and Shoto," she says.

Crap! I haven't told her about Shoto and I. She must've noticed my pained expression when she mentioned my ex-boyfriend because she immediately asked me what was wrong. I take her hands off my cheek and hold them.

"What makes you think it's a girl?" I say avoiding the awkward statement.

"Mother's instinct," she says.

I decided that it's only fair that my mother knows the truth. No more dodging the elephant in the room.

"Shoto and I broke up," I say stiffly.

"He what?  T-this isn't because of the baby is it? Cause if it is you bet I will go straight down there and confront him. He needs to be responsible for his actions!"

All Might calms her down as I try to explain.

"N-no this isn't about that. In fact, I never told him about it."

"Izuku," she starts.

"I know I messed up. But he's been forced into an arranged marriage mom, and there's nothing I can do about it. The last thing I want to do is burden him with my mistake while he is married to someone else. Besides I'm already being held back a year because of this whole thing so it's not like I'll be seeing him anyways."

"I see," she responds.

"Well I guess we'll have to make the most of this whole situation won't we. Just know Toshinori and I will always be here for you. Whatever you need you can call on us. We love you very much."

"Thanks mom," I say empathetically.

"Now who's hungry?" Inko asks.

"Well if it isn't too much trouble," I say.

"Oh you're fine sweetie. Besides I made your favorite: katsudon".

I smile excitedly. It's been a long time since I've had my mother's cooking. Maybe winter break won't be so bad.