DATE

It was Harry's day off today and we decided on paying my grandmother an early visit. After the phone call I had with her the other day, I knew I had to take them so she can meet them.

So we went and Harry really drove for two hours just to get there. Everything was surrounded by animals in farms and the girls were only awake through so much of the trip, missing out on the lake that my friends and I would swim in every summer. 

It of course wouldn't be Portland if it wasn't raining and the air didn't feel humid afterwords. I was glad I decided on keeping my hair in a ponytail for this trip.

"We're here." Harry says, obviously tired. The girls woke up except for Eric who was still asleep. I carried him carefully out of his car seat and reached the front door where my grandma would be, a big smile on her face and the smell of cookies coming from inside the house I grew up in.

"My goodness!" She smiled widely, looking at the children who stared at her with a sweet innocent smile though the baby remained asleep. "Look at you beautiful girls!" She said before engulfing them in hugs and kisses making them giggle.

She then hugged Harry and then me before telling us to come inside. When we did, there was a plate of cookies on the coffee table and the girls immediately ran to it before I stopped them.

"There's no peanut butter in these, right? Or any other nut?" I ask my grandma in which she makes a repulsed face.

"Oh no, who puts peanut butter in chocolate chip cookies?" She laughed before saying she was going to bring us some coffee but Harry asked for tea instead. "A British man and his tea, I should've known." She says making me roll my eyes.

"You need to relax." Harry chuckled, his hand rubbing circles on my back.

"I know." I breathed. "I'm just trying to keep them safe as possible."

"We're at your grandmother's home. What danger could there be?" He says. For the rest of the evening, we sat in the living room, talking about how everything was going for us and how we were doing.

The girls were currently digging through a chest filled with dolls that used to belong to me whilst Eric devoured a cookie and drank from his bottle.

"So," my grandma begins, setting down her mug. "Are you keeping my granddaughter satisfied?" As soon as she says this, both Harry and I found ourselves choking on our beverages.

"Grandma!" I scold and she only looks at me as if she didn't know what was going on. Harry clears his throat from embarrassment beside me.

"Rosie you know sex is good for your health and alleviates the stress." She says, sipping from her coffee.

"Need I remind you the presence of children?" I say.

"Oh, right!" She says. "It's been a while since there's been kids in the house I almost forgot." She waves us off. "Tell you what, I'll gladly watch over the children for you."

"For what exactly?" I say, watching as my grandmother stands up.

"For your date!" She says and I swear I could kill her. This was so embarrassing.

"Grandma -" I'm cut off by her basically pushing us out the door.

"And don't come back for another two hours, okay?" She hands Harry an umbrella. "Have fun!" She says before closing the door. As Harry and I stayed under the porch, the only noise was the water pouring on the pavement.

This was way too awkward for me I wanted the ground to swallow me there and then.

"I am so sorry, oh my god." I apologize, feeling my face grow hot. Harry lets out a chuckle.

"It's what your grandma wants," he says. "But I just want to let you know that you are going to be very disappointed." He says. "I haven't been on a date in ages so I don't know if it's changed?"

"No, it's fine, we don't have to -"

"I mean, we kind of do." He says, nodding his head at the window where my grandma was looking at the both of us. "Besides, I wouldn't mind." At this, he smiles at me. "So shall we?"

He opens the umbrella, allowing me to step inside before we walked to his car.