WHISKY

HARRY

Shit.

What kind of an idiot am I? Letting Rosalie leave just like that without putting up a fight? She made things so easy for me, so much that she made it easy somehow for me to be able to want to be with her.

Now she's gone and it's genuinely taking a toll on me. It is currently four in the morning and I'm in the backyard sitting on a beach chair by the pool, the moonlight and pool lights being the only source of light around me.

I chugged the glass of whisky in my hand before getting another. It had been a week and a half since Rosalie left and life was definitely not treating me swell.

The kids were back at their depressive state, Renata was a mess and a shit mother although there was nothing new there. We were back at he beginning.

I tried my hardest to contact Rosalie but she was not picking up, not once. The kids were sad about her departure and so was I. Things seemed dark without her.

All Renata did was come in my house and fuck things up. No wonder my mother never liked her. She was such a wreck, I was just too blind to see it back then because of how in love I was with her.

But now that's not the point. I was not in love with Renata. Shit, I can't even stand her. How was I ever married to her? As my mother said, the only good thing she did was give me three wonderful kids.

Three kids and they were nothing like her. Except maybe Sophia with the blonde hair and half blueish/green eyes. That's about the only quality she inherited from her, the rest was all Rosalie which was ironic considering Rosalie isn't their mother, yet they're like her in every way.

Ever since she's been here, I've taken the guest bedroom where Rosalie used to sleep before she moved in my bedroom. I was lucky enough that her pillow smelled as good as she did though throughout the week, her scent was fading.

I hated Rosalie for bringing her in my home uninvited, but then again I knew I didn't. I knew what she meant and why she thought she was doing the best thing. She was a week on the job, didn't quite understand the seriousness of it all, therefore I knew her intentions were good.

I just wish it didn't happen.

I could never hate Rosalie, not even a little bit. How can I? She was right. Hell, she was right at everything. No matter what I said or did, I knew she was going to be right regardless.

Sure she didn't have a right emailing Renata, but she cared enough for my kids to at least do what's she thought would make them happy, even though that wasn't what they want anymore.

Go find her.

My mind spoke to me. But I knew that wasn't what she wanted. I broke her heart, and her leaving broke mine too.

As I sat here, downing my sorrows I got to thinking: do I love her? Rosalie has been with us for months now and half of those we spent being close with one another.

She's someone I knew very well my parents would've wanted for me, especially my mum. She probably started planning our wedding from that time she met her.

Of course. Of course I could love her, who wouldn't? I'd be crazy not to. Maybe not now specifically, maybe I'm still working it out with myself. But as of now, it was just a matter of question wether she felt the same.

I'm aware that falling in love when you're older goes by much more quicker than when you're young, because when you're young you feel as though you've got all the time in the world.

As opposed to when you're in your mid thirties. Time just seems to fly by so much faster, and with Rosalie being twenty-four, I wouldn't want to scare her off if she ever decides to come back to me.

To us.

To this family.

Karma is a real bitter bitch.

"Fuck this." I muttered, standing up from the chair and going inside. I go straight into the kids' room and start packing some clothes for them.

I wasn't just going to stand here and do nothing. Rosalie has been nothing but great help to me and my kids. She's been a far better mother than Renata ever was.

There was just something about her that made everything shitty about my life, a little less shitty. She didn't even have to do anything, my day would just be complete whenever I see her.

I wasn't going to stay here and watch my kids grow depressed each and every passing day.

I was going to bring Rosalie back to where she belongs.