THE AUCTION

After Gemma and I came back, she seemed more sure of herself. She kept looking at herself in the mirror and took so many pictures in her new black dress. The hair style and color suits her like no other.

Anne and Harry were taken aback from her transformation and even agreed that she looked much more alive. It was currently midnight and Harry, Gemma and I were staying at a hotel.

We spent our alone time having sex in the shower about two times before I decided on getting out, not wanting to wrinkle like a prune because of the water.

"It's getting out of hand." I say, slipping on my panties before I covered myself with a dress shirt of his. I button up and brush my hair as I watch him get out of the shower, the towel low on his hips.

"I'm in my thirties, I'm allowed to be sexually active." Harry retorts making me roll my eyes.

"You're going to have to stop using that same excuse sometime." I say with the narrow of my eyes making Harry grin at me.

"Of course," he says. "I'm not going to be in my thirties forever, eventually my excuse is going to be, I'm in my forties." He remarks making groan whilst he let out a mocking laugh.

"You're excruciating." I say while I watch him lather shaving cream on his beard area. As I watch him shave, I remember what Gemma and I talked about.

"Harry's old and with children, I'm sure his intentions aren't to go fucking around with any woman he meets. I can see that he really loves you."

I knew Gemma was right. Harry has shown me that he means me no harm and that he truly wants to be with me. I mean, he went all the way to Portland to bring me back home to him and the kids.

Harry is good for me, and I'll be dammed if I don't let him see that I love him too.

"You seem pensive," Harry says, washing off his face before he pats on aftershave. After washing his hands, he dries them and turns to me. He was now in his boxers and his hair was all over the place. "Penny for your thoughts?"

"My thoughts cost more than that." I joke with the roll of my eyes as I walk away.

"Well then, I'll PayPal you a thousand." He winks making me giggle and lay on the bed with Harry. "Seriously, what is it?"

He looks at me expectantly making me sigh and look away. "Do you remember after we first had sex?" I ask after hesitating. Harry puckers his lips in thought as he looks up.

"You couldn't take me fully?" He mocks making me slap his arm which caused him to laugh. "I remember I made you cum." He says seductively into my ear, his hot breath making me stomach to erupt in their usual butterflies causing my toes to curl. "I also remember I told you that I loved you."

He says, admitting to what I wanted to hear. That made my eyes lock with his, his arm helped prop his head up as his free one tucked stands of hair behind my ear. "Did you mean it?" I ask after a while of silence.

Harry stares at me, his eyes running along my features before his eyes go back to mine. "Of course I do." He says making relief wash over me. When I don't say anything, Harry's thumb caresses my cheek lightly. "I'm sorry that I fell in love with you too soon."

I shake my head, placing my hand on his over my cheek and he smiles. "Don't be," I say. "I -" I'm about to tell him that I love him too, but something in me seems to stop myself, almost as in telling me that I wasn't ready to tell him yet.

Harry looks from my paused lips to my eyes before kissing me. "Let's just get some sleep." He says and pulls me in by the waist towards him, my leg wrapping around his hip as his hand rubbed up and down my back and with that, we both fall asleep.