Firelight And Truths

When (Y/n) had promised a quiet romantic weekend away, Lena had expected a random stay in a hotel somewhere away from National city, maybe Gotham or Central City.

What Lena did not expect in a million years was to find herself stood on the balcony of a luxurious wooden cabin in the quiet countryside.

All around her, trees stood guard, and the sound of the birds singing a beautiful melody as a gentle wind brushed softly through her hair.

It wasn't something she'd ever have imagined (Y/n) would have brought her.

Yet here she was.

Lena had wandered around the cabin, seeking out the lay of the land while (Y/n) brought in their bags. At that moment, a noise caught Lena's attention below (Y/n) was pulling out the last of the bags and supplies they'd brought.

Lena's eyes were drawn to the woman as she moved silently, stopping when her cell phone beeped, and she pulled it out of her pocket to read.

Lena frowned at the smile that immediately hit (Y/n)'s lips. Jealousy erupted inside her. It was supposed to be their romantic date, and she was talking to another woman.

(Y/n) wasted no time typing out a reply, then pocketed her cell phone and headed into the cabin with the luggage.

"I brought your bags; we're only here for three days and two nights why so many bags." (Y/n) chuckled as she entered the room. "I err...which bedroom should I put your things."

Lena pursed her lips, her arms folded across her chest as she exited the balcony and returned to the room. "Who were you talking to just now?

(Y/n) frowned, confused until she realized what Lena meant. "Oh, out by the car, it's Alex. She's been trying to get me to go to where she works ever since she saw me make some of my ninja moves I keep telling her no way."

"Alex?" Lena felt relief overcome her and stupidity for going to the most dramatic explanation. "That was Alex, wait what ninja moves?"

"Which room, Lena?" (Y/n) reminded the green-eyed woman gently. "I didn't want to assume."

"I hope you didn't bring me all the way out here to make me sleep alone." Lena smiled cheekily.

"Well, I must be a good host; I wouldn't want a bad review." (Y/n) returned the woman's smile and put the luggage on the ground.

"And I have only essentials in those bags, a lady can never know what she'll encounter so she must be ready." Lena retorted.

"One of those bags is just books, how many books are you reading in three days?" (Y/n) pointed to the offending bag in question.

"You'd be surprised." Lena shrugged unaffected didn't everyone travel with a case full of books? And if they didn't, why the hell didn't they?

(Y/n) shook her head with a ridiculous smile across her mouth, leave it to Lena to be invited away for a romantic weekend and being a whole ass run of books. The thought seemed to warm (Y/n)'s heart. "Well, here are your books, you never told me you were such a book worm."

"Is that a problem?" Lena asked, planting her hand on her hip and playfully glaring at (Y/n).