Chapter 0.9

|} Madison ||

The following Wednesday evening I found myself driving to my uncle's house for an impromptu dinner. It was literally when I had gotten home from a gruelling two-hour gym session when my uncle called and asked if I was free to come over for dinner.

As I pulled into one of the parking spaces on the spacious estate that was my uncle's home, the front door flew open and two tiny silhouettes came running out. Just as I opened the car door my legs were wrapped in tight hugs by my two cousins.

"Hi, pretty girls!" I greeted them enthusiastically after I had shut my car door and locked it before picking both twins up and settling them on either of my hips.

"Hi, Madi!" Chrissy babbled and pressed a sloppy kiss to my cheek.

"Eyes so pretty!" Darcy squealed, trying to get her little finger underneath my glasses to touch the glittery eyeshadow I was wearing.

"Ugh, sooo pretty!" Chrissy agreed, taking interest in what her sister had spotted.

There's no questioning that these two were definitely going to be jumping onto the make up bandwagon in a few years. 

Walking into the house that I was so familiar with, I was greeted by both my aunt and uncle.

"Sorry about the girls," Uncle Rob laughed as he took Darcy from me while Chrissy clambered down and went over to her mother. "They were just too excited to see their favourite cousin."

"It's been ages since I last saw them," I chuckled. "I don't mind the enthusiasm one bit."

I hugged my uncle and then, in turn, hugged my aunt. I couldn't help but be envious of aunt Celinė's make up look that she had going on. Her naturally dewy skin gave her flawless looking skin and she had perfected the no-makeup make up look. That coupled with the subtle shiny golden shade on her eyelids and peachy gloss swiped across her lips easily knocked five years off her age.

"I've got some new products for you, Mads," aunt Celinė said to me as she led me into the living room. "You're absolutely going to love the new palette we have."

Ugh, perks of having a makeup mogul aunt.

"This is from our new  Breeze line," She said, handing me a teal blue PR box with her company logo on it.

Inside the box was an eyeshadow palette. Along with it was an eyeliner, two lipsticks, two lip glosses, and a blush, bronzer and highlighter trio.

"Oh my gosh," I gaped as I opened the eyeshadow pallet which contained shades of blues, greens, and neutrals in different variations. "Aunt Celinė, these colours totally slap!" I told her.

She laughed. "I take it 'slap' means something good?"

"Oh for sure!" I nodded, getting excited at the thought of the multiple different looks I could do with it.

"You can give this one to your friend Kayli," She said, handing me another PR box. "I remember you saying how much she loved the Sunshine line."

"Oh my gosh, aunt Celinė, she's gonna die," I told my aunt. Kayli is just as much of a makeup enthusiast as I am.

"I expect to see you both at the launch, okay?" She said.

"You can bet your bottom dollar we'll be there," I said even though I didn't know what Kayli's plans would be.

After calming myself down, we headed into the large kitchen where my uncle and cousins were.

"How's school going?" Uncle Rob asked me as I sat next to Chrissy, who was colouring, at the breakfast bar.

"So much better than I expected," I said honestly. "My classes are great and surprisingly the assignments actually aren't kicking my butt. Only Tuesdays are complainable about because I have all my classes one after the other and that sucks."