Chapter 0.19

|| Madison ||

Two days before Thanksgiving Calum and I were flying out to Cleveland.

Uncle Rob and aunt Ashleigh weren't happy at all about my decision to rather spend Thanksgiving with Calum and not them but ultimately they understood that there was no way they could convince me to have dinner with Harry and Madeleine and they would much rather me be with Calum over the period than by myself.

"You and Cal are gonna be gone for an entire week," Kayli said to me as we walked the short isles of the healthy foods store that was situated in the landside of LAX the day Calum and I were due to fly out to Cleveland. She and Kane had offered to drive us to the airport which was really nice of them, "so I feel compelled to finally give you the safe sex talk again."

"Kayli," I groaned. "Can you like, not?"

Ever since she found out that I was going to be spending Thanksgiving in Cleveland with Calum she's been dropping sexual innuendos like it's nobody's business. And the other day when we were out shopping she dragged me into Victoria's Secret and forced me to buy five new lingerie sets (for no reason, I maintained) because, and I quote, "who knows what's gonna happen. Seven days is a long time and you at least wanna look mad cute."

"Hey, Kane's giving Cal the same talk and so it's only fair that you get it too. I would love to become an honorary aunt but like, not yet," She grinned cheekily at me.

"If anyone's going to become an honorary aunt first, it's me," I muttered as I grabbed a pack of multi-seed rice cakes off the shelf and added them to my basket of growing snacks.

"I mean, don't get me wrong, a baby with both yours and Cal's genetics would be just about the most beautiful child in the world," She said and when I looked up at her I didn't miss the teasing glint in her eye which let me know that she was just messing around with me.

Calum and I have only been dating for just over three weeks now and there's no way I'm ready to be doing...you know. And even if I was, we're obvs gonna be staying with his parents and siblings and I don't know how comfortable I'd be doing the nasty knowing that they're around -that's if I was even considering it, which I'm not.

"A baby with yours and Kane's genetics would be the most beautiful child in the world," I corrected as I grabbed two vitamin waters from the fridge before I decided I had enough snacks to last me and Calum the plane ride.

"I can't say I disagree with you on that," She said with a cheeky smile as we came up to the cash register.

After I had paid for my items, the two of us left the store in search of the Starbucks we were supposed to meet Calum and Kane at.

"So you and Kane are leaving tomorrow, ya?" I asked her as we walked through the airport.

"Yep," She nodded. Instead of going back to Cleveland to celebrate Thanksgiving there, Kayli and Kane, along with their families, were going to be spending the Thanksgiving break in Hawaii. "I'm so amped to get a good tan."

"You do know that we live in California, right?" I laughed. "Getting a tan here isn't hard to come by."

"Yeah but like...Hawaii sun, you know," She giggled as the coffee shop came into view.

I felt the flutters in my stomach for the one-millionth time when I laid eyes on Calum. Even in just a simple pair of black jeans and a white v-neck, he looked so damn good. Nevermind a snacc, my mans is an entree.

"Hey," He smiled at me and wrapped his free arm around my waist and then kissed the top of my head.

"Hi," I smiled back.