☁️ a dream ☁️

Travelling by subway felt longer on this special day, my leg tapping against the musty floor in a rapid rhythm almost matching my heartbeat. Finally i stood as my stop approached and i rushed past the crowds of people on my quest toward nbc studios. The natural light poured through my eyesight walking hesitantly up the stairs, on my walk to the building i was surrounding by rushing cars, flashing lights and fast walkers, basic new york stuff, the little things i'm now used to but still take into account when remembering the important days.

Today was the day, my first day as a writer for saturday night live, i would meet the cast and crew today, my body sizzled with excitement. With my experience on parks and recreation and brooklyn nine nine, Lorne was sure i was perfectfor the opened position, he wondered why we hadn't met sooner and i said "bad luck maybe" but i knew it was my social anxiety 😖 it was never easy to control what can i say, I tried my best to not participate in any outside work based activities as my social anxiety would get the best of me and make up excuses before i had a second thought about it, friends would encourage me to go out but there was little hope all i wanted was to stay home wallow in my insecurities and hug my adorable fluffs of a cat and bunny.

As i took another breathe in the bright led lighting of the nbc building flashed in my mind as if taking a photographic image in my brain, i showed my id to the security guards and felt that much more special when they open the door for me, with a quick thank you i was greeted by the lobby lady assisting me as to what level i should go to. It was a monday and i made sure to be early as to not make a bad impression, i flattened out my black suit and white undertop as closed my eyes preparing myself, with a gentle knock onto the studio 8H door it was opened.

There stood the man of the best comedic legacy, Lorne Michaels, sure i had my interview with him and spoke on the phone but it still felt so surreal! He gave me a big smile and shook my hand firmly, we talked for a while in the empty room awaiting the rest of the cast to show up as i was still so early, "I just have to go sign some stuff, you can wait here until the others show up" lorne said adding a smile to his warm face, "Oh okay thank you". I stared blankly as my phone began to flutter closed with too many thoughts and questions my head began to pulse. Interrupted by an almost silent sneeze walking into the door, my mouth automatically said bless you.