🍭

Once at the store i greet the owners, "Hi Billy, Hi Milly!" "Hi Ashley! Happy Birthday!!" the couple replied, "Oh why thank you, how's your day going?" I say keeping conversation, "I mean our day is doing swell, many costumers today, what about you any birthday plans?" billy said adding a smile while wrapping an arm around his wife and simultaneously rubbing her large impregnated belly, "well that's good to hear and nothing much just whatever comes to mind, id just like my usual please" "yes of course for our favourite lovely customer it's on the house" they both say, "awh how sweet of you, oh and that reminds me i have another name suggestion because you now know it's a girl; lilly, come on it'll be cuteeeee", "i'll add it to the list i kinda love that one" milly replies.

As i leave the candy store a full bag of my favourite sweets in hand i make my way to the cafe a few blocks down, the cafe was full a person in almost every single seat, i persisted in waiting in the short line. "Hi how my i help you today?" i'm greeted as the server has her face down at the computer, "Annie you dumbass look up" "Oh what the hell ashley, why are you at work on your birthday?" "I just wanted to drop in and say hi while also getting a cup of hot chocolate pleaseee" It's like she knew i was coming and had it on hand, "You're lucky i know you, now go have a great day" "Alright alright see ya monday" i say leaving the store while accidentally bumping into the person behind me in the line.

"Oh i'm sorry that's my fault i wasn't looking- NOOOOO my candyyy" i say looking down at it all scattered across the floor, "No i'm sorry that was my fault and i could buy you some more in apology" i slowly look up at the soft voice assisting me with the lolly spill, Crystal blue eyes met my Hazel ones, "Hi i'm kate" "Oh my name's A-" "ASHLEY WHAT the- what did you do now" "well she said it first" the blonde giggles in turn, "Annie sorry i'll clean it get back to the register idiot" I scramble up to grab the mop behind the counter and clean, in embarrassment i go out the back in taking the trash out and walk to the park.