You drive me crazy

Agape

Agape: noun. 1. The highest form of love. Selfless, sacrificial, and unconditional love; persists no matter the circumstance.

Chapter 1

Ella:

Everything seems so surreal. If fairytales are real, I think I could say pretty confidently that I'm living mine. Meeting Declan has been the ultimate change in my life, meeting him was and is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

From being alone to now, it seems weird to look back. Now that I have Declan, I can't even imagine how I felt or how I went on without him. He's so special to me I can't even comprehend it.

You know that saying, life doesn't revolve around you. It's completely accurate because my life doesn't revolve around me, it revolves around him. He's the sun and I'm the planet, he's the light that makes life possible.

From gravity that keeps me grounded to air that keeps me breathing, Declan is my stability. When my anxiety gets the best of me, he touches me sucking the fear and anguish right out of me. He kisses me and I float with euphoria.

Declan, Declan, Declan, my Declan. His green eyes, the color of forest, his faint peachy lips, his straight nose, the way he holds me, the way his fingers touch me, I am his, my mind and body.

My feet carry me down the long straight back road, my Nike sneakers hitting the ground each step I take. My heart thudding loud in my ears, my arms pumping forcing me to move faster. This is what it feels like to fly, running with the sun gone and the moon out.

The shrill of the night is so much better than running in daylight. No onlookers watching you, no passing by cars, just you and your endurance. Music loud drowning out your negative thoughts, it's therapeutic. Pushing yourself to see how far you can go, how fast your legs will take you.

As much as I love soccer, I love to run too. Fitness is an escape from the real world and the stress that comes with it. When I run, I feel empowered, almost in the same way as Declan makes me feel.

As I run I race myself, the darkness feels around me, the world seems still and I'm the only one moving. The road's cracks and dips are felt under my feet, I step on each imperfection without so much as a thought.

The dim street lights shine little light. As I reach each new street light, my line of sight moves slightly upwards, under the dimness little bugs swarm with a distant buzz.

I'll be home in two street lamps time, about two hundred meters. My breathing becomes more ragged as I force my legs to quicken in pace. My heart thumps louder due to the higher intensity. Blood rushes through my veins supplying as much oxygen possible to my lungs.

Then I stop nearly feeling sick as I reach my destination. My hand falls onto my chest then I double over holding my knees as I try to inhale.

Once the nausea disappears I lift my head, taking in my house. In the driveway Declan's black GMC is parked. My heart leaps with excitement then drops in my stomach. He's standing in the doorway of my front door, in the dark I make out his rigid stance.

He shuts the door behind him and begins to walk towards me, his strides quick and forceful. I stand frozen at his unannounced presence, exhaustion suddenly hitting me.

He's mad, I can tell. I wasn't expecting him to be here, I thought he was working late tonight.

"Ellie." He says, his voice rough yet still lovely. He closes the gap between us standing in front of me.

I glance up at his beautiful face, even when he's mad he still is the most attractive person I've ever seen. "Declan." I breathe out.

His eyes soften slightly, but his gaze is still quite intense. I go to say something but he shakes his head pressing his pointer finger to my lips, "Don't." He mutters.