I was uhh h-hot

Chapter 2

Ella:

My eyes are closed but I'm awake. I'm ready to sleep but my brain doesn't seem to want to shut off. Thought after thought circles around like a cycle with no off switch. My mind has always been active, and shutting it down for the night has always been a struggle of mine.

I can't tell if Declan's asleep, his arm is curled around my waist and my back pressed close to his chest. His breathing seems even enough, but his breathing is always even. Declan has a sort of calm around him that makes him seem like he's comfortable all the time, even in tough situations. A calm that I myself don't have.

Perhaps I can't sleep because I still feel guilty. I feel guilty for running on my own and making Declan worry about me. When I got back and saw his face, my chest ached, I hated seeing him upset. He should always smile because someone as beautiful as him doesn't deserve to frown.

He was working though and Olivia was busy, Thomas is in college, my mom was working too so I didn't know what to do. I needed to get away from my thoughts, to have a clear mind space. The only way to do that was to do something that made my brain quiet and running is a good temporary distraction.

The only option I had was to go alone, but I shouldn't have. Some decisions I make on impulse and that was one of them. The soundless house was killing me, after so long I couldn't take it anymore.

"What's bothering you baby?" Declan murmurs resting his head on my shoulder.

My eyes flutter open even though it's dark and I can't see anything. "I thought you were sleeping?" I whisper, glancing at the clock. It reads two am.

His fingers begin to trace circles on my exposed naval where my t-shirt well Declan's has risen. A sigh passes my lips, as his warm calloused fingers graze my skin. A sizzling heat flushes my body from head to toe. The way he makes me feel even in the smallest of gestures is unexplainable.

I've never been close to someone like I am with him. I've never been able too, but he makes it easy. "I can't sleep." He mumbles nuzzling my neck, "Not when something's upsetting you."

My heart stutters, he knows. When doesn't he?

Slowly I turn over so I can face him. "My head, it's so loud." I tell him, not knowing how else to describe it.

In the blackness I can see his outline, his elbow now propping up his head now that I've changed positions. "Come here." He beckons softly, holding his arms out.

I scoot closer. Too slow for his liking, he leans over and pulls me in, lifting me on top of him. My head instinctively settles above his heart. He lifts one leg placing it on top of mine, so we are entwined together. Once again his fingers find somewhere to touch me, this time they twirl my hair.

"How about I try to quiet it down?" He mutters, his lips brushing my forehead. Not waiting for my reply, his hands trail down my back with a gentleness I can barely feel. His graze is like a prickling fire, hot tinder coming to life.

So easily my breathing picks up, shallow yet quick. He takes his fingers and traces them wherever he sees fit all the while my brain goes fuzzy, him as my only thought. I can't help as I wriggle against him, I can't logically stay still when his touch is an electrical pulse shocking these sensations so divine into me.

I was so thankful for the dark, he wouldn't be able to see the blush covering my cheeks. But with my warm skin against his shirtless chest, I'm sure he could feel it. My body was burning up as if I were running a high grade fever.

"How is it now." He breaths, drawing simple patterns on my back.

Drowning in you.

My breaths came out harsh, I will myself to get it under control before I try to speak. "Umm...b-better." I stutter, trying to push myself up. He doesn't have it, tightening his hold on me.